Join for free
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2010, 07:49 PM

Yesterday's Animal Rescue thread

To say I am disappointed is an understatement.

First the phantom filer shuffled the thread into a less read backwater then in the first 24 hours only one response and that confirming that the appeal was genuine.

Then nothing this forum has (allegedly) many pet owners and I supposed animal lovers. Perhaps I was wrong.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2010, 08:03 PM

Re: Yesterday's Animal Rescue thread

Members like me may have clicked on the site without replying to your post VM ....... that's what was asked for
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2010, 08:16 PM

I did go on yesterday and clicked, and have done so again today...
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2010, 09:15 PM

But if you post to the thread it encourages others to do the same.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2010, 09:22 PM

Clicked on link...
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2010, 09:32 PM

Stop being a drama queen VM people are different, maybe they didn't think it was genuine and didn't want to say, or they clicked and forgot to say, or just decided not to reply for whatever other reason. Just chill and accept that you won't always get replies, or people interested in the same stuff as you no matter how much you thought they might be.

And please post things in the appropriate sections - if everyone posted in the general chat section what would be the point of having the other sections? And why should there be one rule for you and another for everyone else?

If everyone feels there are too many sections then they are welcome to provide feedback - but if they don't then everyone has to play by the same rules.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth

04-02-2010, 09:46 PM

1. I said I didn't know if it was genuine site.
2. It was one of the other memebers who confirmed that it was.
3. It is not a particular interst of mine but I thought it would be to the pet owners here.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2010, 10:34 PM

Clicked on the site yesterday VM and have just done it again..........
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2010, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
1. I said I didn't know if it was genuine site.

Its a genuine site that makes a profit out of animals.

Its a site that was set up to attract sponsors who place adverts on a site that have a large following.

Dogsey does the same thing when a poster post a link and a page comes up with adverts.

Nothing wrong with this its just making money off the advertisers
In this case goes to a good cause.

I for one did not click on as its an American site and does nothing to help animals in this country
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2010, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
I for one did not click on as its an American site and does nothing to help animals in this country
Call me a skeptic if you like, but one annonymous person clicking on a site means that some pet food manufacturer donates a full meal for one animal

It seems to me that the pet food manufacturer can not possibly gain anything from this and I am wondering how they do get a return. OK I well know that it's not always money they want but if I clicked on the site I wouldn't know who or what was behind it and that does worry me a bit.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top