Join for free
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2010, 10:55 PM

Blizzard pics

View of the side street from te upstairs back window:

[IMG]
[/IMG]
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2010, 11:07 PM

Re: Blizzard pics

Oh my God dandysmom , we thought we had it bad here, that looks terrible. You must feel like a prisioner trapped in your own home not able to get out and about in that weather. Are you well stocked up with food and drink? It must be awful for you all out there.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2010, 11:15 PM

I am getting a bit of cabin fever; fortunately am well stocked with food and drink. Hopefully, one of my neighbors will dig me out tomorrow;he hasn't cleared his own walk yet today. This storm just made the third worst in recorded history for Washington .... a distinction I'd have been pleased to miss!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2010, 11:18 PM

Those are amazing pics Eileen! I don't think I would want to go out in that either.

So pleased you still have your electric ...... also it's a good thing you had your boiler fixed not long ago.

Be careful, don't take any risks while it's like that...
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2010, 11:27 PM

heard it on the news last night-they said it was the worst in over 90 years!!!Keep safe and warm-hopefully your neighbour will be able to help
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

07-02-2010, 11:31 PM

Not that I was worried about power loss, Mags, but I woke up several times in the night to look at the digital clock on the nightstand to see if it was still lit up
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2010, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Not that I was worried about power loss, Mags, but I woke up several times in the night to look at the digital clock on the nightstand to see if it was still lit up
It must be very worrying for you not knowing what to expect the next morning, Eileen
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2010, 10:30 AM

Blooming heck and I complained about the snow fall I had here on the west coast of scotland!!

Hope you will get out soon - fantastic pics but hope it all clears up soon for you.

Take care.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top