Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 12:36 PM

Should I? Do you? Dare I?

Good morning everyone. Hope you are all well this morning and got your cuppa in front of you because here I am again with one of my saga’s

I am just sitting down for the first time this morning after getting up at 5.30am to see he who must obey off to work, then go outside on the deck with pooper scooper, kitchen roll and disinfectant at the ready whilst all the time trying to shush my two overactive 13 week old pups up so they don’t wake the neighbours up and make me enemy number one!!
I did manage to risk taking my eyes off them for 5 minutes to make a quick cuppa and then supervised them for the next two hours whilst they caused mayhem in the garden. lol. (they’re worse than kids, and I should know!).
Anyway, they are now back in their cage and fast asleep, so have my second yummy cuppa and two digestive biscuits in front of me ready to talk about a certain topic.

Now I wasn’t really sure whether it was really appropriate to talk about the following subject this time of the morning at tea and biccy time,
I thought…...should I? Would they? Will they think me awful? Then I thought…. Oh to hell with it, they should know me by now…….

Told you I can say in fifty words what everyone else says in five!

Here we go then…

I was sitting here five minutes ago reading the letters page in the Daily Mail. One of the letters really resonated with me. It was a letter in reply to an article that was printed earlier in the week in the “Femail” pull out section regarding woman who never make love with the light on, how high the percentage was of women who are ashamed of their bumps and lumps and the printed stories of three very attractive ladies who have never once let their husband or partner see them in the nude because of their belief that their bodies are horrid and their embarrassment at their imperfections.

Quote from the reader who supplied her name and address

I can’t believe there are women who never make love with the light on. Why won’t these silly women let their poor husbands see them naked?

I’m 74 and got married in my 60’s when my body was creased, scarred, sun-damaged and roly-poly - definitely not a pretty sight.
My toy-boy husband (he’s 69) and I are generally too tired to make love at night, so when the mood takes us we have a lovely time in glorious full daylight.

Get a life, ladies. Your bodies are what you live in and they’re not going to get any better!. Get over yourselves, get your clothes off and give those lovely husbands of yours a real treat and have some fun instead of making yourselves miserable.

I’m afraid I can’t give you my name - I don’t want to scandalise the neighbours, who would no doubt be horrified.

Unquote

Well my fellow posters and readers,, what do you think.? It certainly brought a wry smile to my face - as well as a blush!!

Since the day I got married until the day I was taken ill for the first time in my life 42 years later in 2014, I had always slept in the buff. The mere thought of wearing a nightie, jammies, t-shirt or even a pretty negligee was always a definite no no for me! He who must obey was the same and still is, lucky thing!

This would have gone on forever come Winter, Summer, Autumn and Spring. Unfortunately, the first time I was ever taken ill in my life, it was in the middle of the night, I was unconscious and after calling 999 he who must obey also called my nearest brother and all of my sons who live nearby. Apparently they were all here within minutes, even before the paramedics had arrived. But….when they did arrive and were merrily sticking all these heart sucker thingamejigs all over my body, he who must obey forgot that everybody was still in the bedroom!!! Granted he shoo’d them all out but not before they must have got a good gawp at their sister/mum’s naked body! Aaarrgghh! No modesty given, no privacy, I was there for all to see.
Again, unfortunately there was nothing I could do to avoid this embarrassment because I had Pneumonia and Pulminary Embolisms and was well out of it. Lol. OMG, I could have killed him!! Bad enough my sons but my brother!!!!!

Anyway, when I came home from hospital (I had to wear a hospital gown at night whilst in hospital for the two weeks I was in there because I didn’t possess a nightie)
I was always so used to just getting out of bed here every morning and throwing on one of my long loose kaftans to make our tea. (would have made the neighbour’s faint if they ever caught sight of me putting the kettle on whilst stark naked!.)
Due to my illness, I daren’t risk sleeping in the nude anymore and it makes me feel really sad.
The worse thing is that after that episode, I had to bite the bullet and purchase a couple of nighties and wear one every night since. Just as well as have had two further incidents in the last two years which one was again during the night. Only this time I was decently dressed!!!

However, I have to tell you now that I absolutely hate and detest wearing anything in bed at night. If I lie on my back the nightie scrunches up underneath me. If I turn on my left side or my right side I feel as though I am being strangled, I cannot bear jammies either as the trousers seems like a vice around my waist and they feel so hot, even cotton ones!!.

It just doesn’t seem natural. Okay, I’m no different from millions of other women, He who must obey has seen my naked body morph from beautiful sylphlike when we first married to a good couple of sizes larger and remember too, years of having kids, snotty nose and pasty body when ill with flu, thread veins starting to appear around my ankles in my early sixties, my boobs trying desperately to say hi to my feet all the time and the effort of having to hold my tummy in to look as slim and sylph like as I once was. (fat chance!) I don’t care, I really do miss those days of being able to sleep naked.

How do you feel about sleeping in the buff? For or against?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 12:45 PM

Re: Should I? Do you? Dare I?

Well let's just say my husband has mentioned on various occasions I wear more to bed than I do to go out but he concedes it's fun getting it all off

I'm a wear what you are comfy in gal at heart just do whatever you like and ignore the critics.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 12:52 PM

How do you feel about sleeping in the buff? For or against?
I sleep alone so do as I please according to the weather
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 01:00 PM

Definitely for sleeping in the buff.
But , now I'm decrepit .. I do now and then wear a big longish t-shirt if it gets chilly in winter, with my sexy stripey socks and my hair in pigtails. It doesn't cover me bottom bits and I don't care. And if Mr M objects to my hairy legs, tough.

Same happened to me too ... lying there like a nakit beached whale .. waiting for the doctor. Luckily I was not comatose and managed to crawl to my drawers and wriggle into two strategically placed boob tubes so looked like a pedestrian crossing.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 01:01 PM

Lol that picture is now stuck in my mind.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 01:05 PM

I have even been known to throw an item of clothing over the telly to stop the light of the screen showing my body in the dark! All doors showing any light through, are shut to! Once, l know them, like my ex husband, ex partner or a few l've been in a relationship with, l don't care, l let it all hang out!!
Pathetic, l know!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

07-09-2016, 01:12 PM

Not pathetic just a quirk IMO as I said wear and do whatever makes you comfy ignore the critics.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have even been known to throw an item of clothing over the telly to stop the light of the screen showing my body in the dark! All doors showing any light through, are shut to! Once, l know them, like my ex husband, ex partner or a few l've been in a relationship with, l don't care, l let it all hang out!!
Pathetic, l know!!
You surprise me Art ... I had you down as a stockings and suspenders lass .... or a sexy little baby doll.

I've still got my garters and suspenders stuffed in the back of my drawer. Gawd, those used to be so damn uncomfortable to wear especially with the leather boots.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

07-09-2016, 01:20 PM

Now even me who wears half a wardrobe to bed refuses to get into leather boots to sleep
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

07-09-2016, 01:21 PM

Julie! That was very droll.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top