Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2018, 09:35 PM

End of the earth ?

Is this the beginning of the end of civilization as we know it ? I read in the Metro yesterday that world authorities are concerned that due to the climate changes [ i.e hot weather recently] we will have more earthquakes.volcanic eruptions, rising seas.This weather has been a killer for many Countries ,Food will be scarce as lack of rain affects the animals and inability to grow crops, and we are all going to suffer for it
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2018, 09:39 PM

Re: End of the earth ?

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Is this the beginning of the end of civilization as we know it ? I read in the Metro yesterday that world authorities are concerned that due to the climate changes [ i.e hot weather recently] we will have more earthquakes.volcanic eruptions, rising seas.This weather has been a killer for many Countries ,Food will be scarce as lack of rain affects the animals and inability to grow crops, and we are all going to suffer for it
I guess what will be will be Deylon so I won't lose sleep over the scaremongers. The world has had many, many earthquakes and other natural disasters but we didn't hear about it in days gone by but now we have the internet and media we hear about it all the time. You've enough to worry about Dey, try not to fret over this
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by deylon ->

Rubbish Way too many excess people. Read Paul Erlich's "Population Bomb"

The author of the article you read is an idiot. Does he/she honestly think that a volcano or earthquakes can be effected by the weather ?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 03:27 AM

Whether it can be construed as global warming or a result of general overheating through the natural decaying of the earth's make-up, the facts are there.
It's definitely getting warmer and the ice is melting.
In whenever many years to come, we or our subsequent generations to follow will burn then drown.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 06:54 AM

I personally blame land fills myself I think they are a blight on this country not quite sure how much they are used in other country's but they produce tons of methane and carbon dioxide which are not helping with the fight against greenhouse gas.
They ruin good land for century's to come if not longer.
They pollute underground streams that more than likely lead into rivers or streams that animals drink from and kiddies play in.

A step in the right direction would be to get rid of all these monstrosities.
Start burning all waste I am sure with the proper filters and the correct management this could be done and stop damaging the ozone layer.
When I see volcanoes spewing out all sorts of smoke ash and crap and I see forest fires raging for months on end and our own recently moor's fires, it just makes me more against ruining land by dumping all kinds of rubbish in the landfills.
From household waste to chemicals to wagon loads of dead meat after say a foot and mouth outbreak.
It simply cannot be good for the surrounding land and the people living there.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Rubbish Way too many excess people. Read Paul Erlich's "Population Bomb"

The author of the article you read is an idiot. Does he/she honestly think that a volcano or earthquakes can be effected by the weather ?

Idjit!!! Earthquakes Volcanoes are not affected by the weather true, but they can affect subsequent weather patterns by the amount of smoke and carbon dioxide they spew into the atmosphere.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 08:12 AM

Manmade global warming will bring about the demise of this planet, sooner or later, if it isn't brought under control, assuming it isn't already too late.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 08:37 AM

45 years ago they predicted the end of the world too. Quite interesting viewing.

Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 08:01 PM

For me,it's the number of bloody great big 350-ton aircraft in the air around this planet at any one time ANYWHERE. Those bloody great machines whacking through the air at 500+mph,keaving vapour trails and disturbed air patterns,overheating the air in 'tubes',thus causing horizontal clashing of air pockets as they smash together....and at any one time,there are approximately 40,000 of those things in the air around this planet. Christ...and 'intelligent' people can't work out what's disturbing the weather patterns. Oh,beam me up,Scotty. There is NO intelligent life down here.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 08:15 PM

Just glad there is a thread about the end of the Earth, not the end of the World.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top