Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 04:55 PM

My Video'd Altercation With An Arriva Driver!

Hi folks.
Against my better judgment!
I thought it would create some amusement here if I show you the video I made on my IPhone last week during an altercation I had with an Arriva Bus driver here in llandudno.

I have written into Arriva with my complaint along with video, and I had an e. mail back telling me this had been registered, and they would get back to me after investigation.

Don't you worry though.
I expect some stick here over this, but never mind.
I can take it!

Please note that this is posted in General Chat (not debate and stuff) so please be gentle with me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqcovnFku80

Dear Sir
Yesterday evening (Tuesday 7th August 2018) at 8.0pm I boarded the number 12 double decker bus traveling from Rhyl to llandudno.
There were the usual 2 seats just to the left of the driver. There was a slim passenger sitting on the outer seat, and I politely asked him to please either move to the inner seat or let me through to the outer window seat.
That person refused to do either. So I turned to the driver and asked him to please ask the passenger to allow me to sit in the available seat. I explained that I can suffer from panic attacks, so I always try and sit on the best front seat I can find on a bus.
The driver said that there are no reserved seats and to go sit down somewhere else.
I said that it was the passenger who was reserving seats, not me.
In fact he was reserving two seats.
The driver told me to go sit down somewhere else, so I did.
However, early in the journey I again went over to confront the passenger who was hogging the two seats, and he eventually relented and allowed me to get to the inner window seat.
On getting off the bus after it had stopped, I very politely informed your Arriva driver that I was going to make a complaint to Arriva, and I requested he gave me his name.
He replied that because of data protection he did not have to supply that information.
I said that if he would not give me his name then I would take a picture.
He then closed the bus door and proceeded to go to his last stop which was The Palladium.
A Wetherspoons pub.
I said O.K. then I am going to record this.
The ensuing conversation is there in the You Tube Video.

My argument is that the driver should have supported me, and told the awkward passenger to either let me through to the window seat, or move over himself.
I believe the principle was that no passenger should be allowed to hog two seats for any reason whatsoever.
Even if there are other seats available.
Your driver I feel should have supported that principal.

I feel I was as polite as I could be in dealing with that driver, and I was not in any way abusive towards him. I just plainly as I could told him how I felt about the situation I found myself in.

I look forward to your answer.

Best regards
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 05:03 PM

Re: My Video'd Altercation With An Arriva Driver!

Boozer ... I watched the video.
Do you want the honest truth?
Nah ... I won't say it.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Boozer ... I watched the video.
Do you want the honest truth?
Nah ... I won't say it.
Best way Morty.
Best way.
Keep a look out for that Floydy guy though.
I think he is over here with his hob nailed boots!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 05:07 PM

Boozy, you should have sat on the Drivers Lap.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 05:09 PM

Would that be harassment?
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 05:09 PM

You tell the driver you suffer from panic attacks .....
I explained that I can suffer from panic attacks, so I always try and sit on the best front seat I can find on a bus.
.....and then you harass him while he is driving, distracting him.

If I was a passenger on that bus, I would have had a panic attack because of you.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 05:11 PM

Jayzus!...You're def' on the bus drivers hate list now Man...don't be surprised if He reports You for harassment...Liverpools answer to Victor Meldrew!!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Boozy, you should have sat on the Drivers Lap.
If I could've I would've Spit.
But those guys are behind a great big armoured glass screen.
This is so the likes of me awkward customers don't thump 'em!

The thing is as well..
These Arriva drivers here are a right load of miserable rods.
They look at you like you just crawled out from under a toilet seat.
'Orrible lot they are!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

Should I scour the web to see if another passenger videoed boozer videoing the driver?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

17-08-2018, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Jayzus!...You're def' on the bus drivers hate list now Man...don't be surprised if He reports You for harassment...Liverpools answer to Victor Meldrew!!
I like your tact ... I wish I had it.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top