Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 10:52 AM

Chartwell House

We went to the above yesterday as it was our sobs birthday and he is into all this art thing. To be honest I have never been so bored in a stately home in my life. The grounds are nothing to speak about and Churchill in my opinion was not that good at painting. The impression I came away with after looking and the awards-medals etc was he was a pompous old git full of himself. It completely changed my impression of him.
would i recommend a visit ? No definately not but i am not into art anyway.

This year is the first time they have allowed non flash photos to be taken.

Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 11:43 AM

Re: Chartwell House

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
We went to the above yesterday as it was our sobs birthday and he is into all this art thing. To be honest I have never been so bored in a stately home in my life. The grounds are nothing to speak about and Churchill in my opinion was not that good at painting. The impression I came away with after looking and the awards-medals etc was he was a pompous old git full of himself. It completely changed my impression of him.
would i recommend a visit ? No definately not but i am not into art anyway.

This year is the first time they have allowed non flash photos to be taken.

Finally, the penny has dropped, although I could say its taken you long enough to realise this!!!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Finally, the penny has dropped, although I could say its taken you long enough to realise this!!!
never given him much thought anyway, only what the media have shown to give an impression. Apparently he was unkind and rude to his staff according to a letter written by his wife telling him off about it
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

18-08-2018, 05:18 PM

Oh such shame.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top