Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 12:09 AM

Re: Thirst for knowledge

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Yep mate, that was the 1990's for me. i was super intelligent before I joined the forces lol
Ah, what affect did that have?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 12:10 AM

Yep mate, that was the 1990's for me. i was super intelligent before I joined the forces lol
how could you be super intelligent AND join the forces - they don't go together - not horses for courses there boyo!

but heh mon ya pumpin iron know heh pumpkin?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Ah, what affect did that have?
As I said, it was all about drinking too much really.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
how could you be super intelligent AND join the forces - they don't go together - not horses for courses there boyo!

but heh mon ya pumpin iron know heh pumpkin?
Working out keeps me fit mate, that's why I do that. Bit of an ego thing too I guess
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 12:13 AM

That's fascinating, Missy.
I speak to my wife sometimes and she is worse than me for not having much knowledge about past events. But she isn't bothered. She just says she was bringing the kids up.
And maybe she too will find the need to learn more

I do as well, I feel the need to learn more about things I don't really understand I mean Im never going to get quantum physics but I do enjoy learning about politics and history

This forum can send me on a fact finding mission most days when more knowledgable folk post about things I might only have a gist off
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 12:13 AM

Yes, it's a strange conundrum isn't it?
I often ask myself if I have spent too much time enjoying myself earlier in life, or drinking too much throughout my RAF days that my brain has got frazzled. Why do I find it virtually impossible to take in new information?

I arrive at the theory that I can only digest what I am interested in knowing about. I couldn't, for instance, imagine going back to college and learning anything totally different and writing a massive essay on it. I can't remember anything that doesn't grab my attention.

I don't know why this is.
Snap! I love history ... liked it at school but as an adult used to devour anything that came my way if it was history. It went in one ear and slowly did a slow brain drain down out the other side but it is fascinating to learn stuff .. it makes you pause ... ponder a bit ... and it's fun!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

19-08-2018, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Snap! I love history ... liked it at school but as an adult used to devour anything that came my way if it was history. It went in one ear and slowly did a slow brain drain down out the other side but it is fascinating to learn stuff .. it makes you pause ... ponder a bit ... and it's fun!
With my wanting to watch and learn about wartime events, that's happening to me now Morti. Maybe it's because I haven't lived through any of those wars like some may have on here, plus my parents never used to talk about WWII.
I found The World At War incredible viewing when I saw it all for the first time last year.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

19-08-2018, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
And maybe she too will find the need to learn more

I do as well, I feel the need to learn more about things I don't really understand I mean Im never going to get quantum physics but I do enjoy learning about politics and history

This forum can send me on a fact finding mission most days when more knowledgable folk post about things I might only have a gist off
Like Barry and his tomato plants.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 12:18 AM

Exactly. It's not just me then
no flloydie - wez all alcos!!! don't worry - hic - 'ave anover drink - have a drink have a drink have a drink on me - sounds like a good line for a song heh??
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 12:19 AM

Like Barry and his tomato plants.
Lol

Ive not found that thread yet

But say like your music threads, so much music that passed me by, I usually clicked the links and at least listened because you and the others who posted are more knowledgable about music then I ever would be

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top