Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 08:54 PM

Re: Are you careful with money?

I launder my money on camera equipment .... buy stuff, then decide different stuff is needed and sell off what I bought two years earlier for half what I paid for it. Makes no sense, I know, but I enjoy it.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 09:26 PM

I'm a Yorkshireman, what do you think?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 09:28 PM

I'm not as careful as some people. I like spending money on clothes but as I see it I work bloody hard so deserve to splash out on myself. I don't see the point in stashing money away, we can't take it with us and never know when we are gonna pop it.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 01:36 AM

At my (our?) age being careful with money is patently absurd. Spend, spend, spend... Absolutely no point in saving.

Don't get the idea I am rich but I own my own house and car have no debts (who has at this age?) and my fortnightly income is more than I can reasonably spend so I tend to have spending binges. Enjoy life while you can, it is far too late to be worrying about money, you are a long time dead.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 04:58 AM

In some ways I'm careful ..for instance I shop around for bargains I hate paying more than I have to...but in other ways I'm frivolous especially with nice clothes and I'm generous with people I love.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 06:12 AM

No I'm terrible with money. I'm impulsive and in a mess resulting from many years of that. I spoke about this in my thread last month, but come October there will be a complete life change to be planned out.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 07:23 AM

Hi

I am very careful with money, except when it comes to tall, slim , blondes.

I have now learnt, tall and slim, brunette and short and slim, red heads and slim, no problem.

Tall slim blondes have disappeared from my life.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 10:57 AM

Money was always tight when younger and I can remember really thinking twice before spending. I always saved for that rainy day and so glad I did for it is there if I need it now so gives me peace of mind .

I dont want or need anymore , shopping bores me , my big Bill's are car , heating etc . I love giving my grandchildren their pocket money and seeing their eyes light up when it's a crisp new note.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 11:35 AM

I like to think I'm careful I try to only buy what we need nor what we want but it's relatively easy to move something from the want to the need list Of us all I am the spender but if I didn't do the shopping, the buying things each family member needed they'd all either have nothing or have to become the spenders too. We have a rule anything over £50 we have to talk about but I am pretty free to buy anything under that as long as I try to be sensible. As I know what's coming in I don't spend more than we can really afford.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top