Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 05:48 PM

Re: Do you ever wonder???

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Yes Joe, count our blessings eh?

Absolutely Sweetie darlin' and toast it all with a little tot of Brandy - cheers!!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Absolutely Sweetie darlin' and toast it all with a little tot of Brandy - cheers!!!
Wine time for me is later Joe. I am strict with myself.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Yes I've wondered from time to time. If my folks had not moved to the mainland when I was just coming up to school age. Life on the islands was very different to the mainland and even though it was years ago I remember it well, I doubt I'd have left and would maybe have my own croft now.
Being right up in the north of the country It's similar land and way of life on the farms but it doesn't have the pull together sense that's out on the islands.
You are similar to me with those thoughts Roxy.
But, you are happy are you not?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 05:54 PM

Wine time for me is later Joe. I am strict with myself.

Oh another thought - Had I not had the accident in 1965 I would have stayed in the Merchant Navy and qualified as a Navy Officer, I might even have become Captain of my own vessel.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

22-03-2019, 05:57 PM

Oh another thought - Had I not had the accident in 1965 I would have stayed in the Merchant Navy and qualified as a Navy Officer, I might even have become Captain of my own vessel.
Yes, that is a shame Joe, I think you would have also.
But today the Merchant Navy is very different. Not at all like the old days.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

22-03-2019, 06:00 PM

Yes, that is a shame Joe, I think you would have also.
But today the Merchant Navy is very different. Not at all like the old days.

Very True Sweetie darlin', but since I wasn't on passenger vessels - there are large numbers of cargo ships of all sizes and all nationalities criss crossing the oceans every day.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

22-03-2019, 06:02 PM

Very True Sweetie darlin', but since I wasn't on passenger vessels - there are large numbers of cargo ships of all sizes and all nationalities criss crossing the oceans every day.
Yes and most on a foreign flag, saves on tax.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Yes I've wondered from time to time. If my folks had not moved to the mainland when I was just coming up to school age. Life on the islands was very different to the mainland and even though it was years ago I remember it well, I doubt I'd have left and would maybe have my own croft now.
Being right up in the north of the country It's similar land and way of life on the farms but it doesn't have the pull together sense that's out on the islands.
Would you have met your Highlander though Rox?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 06:19 PM

I'd have stayed in the RAF for the full 22 years, left with a good pension and got myself a proper job.

I met my wife after being in there over 10 years and decided to leave to come back home again as she had her own house, kids and a large family and didn't want to be uprooted to married quarters.

professionally I messed up but I wouldn't have met my lovely wife, so it's ended up okay.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 06:45 PM

I have done in the past.

I think I wouldn't have got married, stayed single and I would have travelled around the world, not saying that I don't love my Husband.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top