Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 09:39 AM

Re: Chaos!

Originally Posted by summer ->
Wish I could remember where I got it Floydy I've had it years..it's called the Big Shopper...I think lots of places have them... good luck
It's lifting in to the boot afterwards that's difficult!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I dread making phone calls to anybody especially trying to sort out problems with energy companies. Automated phone calling is probably the worst form of stress.
I know what you mean Floydy. The thought of starting a conversation with a machine and then someone with an accent I can't understand, fills me with dread too.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 03:33 PM

I just love Aldi & Lidl, such bargains to be had., as we all have to watch our pennies nowadays eh ???
I read in the paper they are starting to open "Express ones ----great idea.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 03:41 PM

Food shopping I hate but there is a small Co-Op near me and I've never had any problems there.

Same with Tesco online shopping - they always arrive within the one hour time slot you specify, so I don't mind paying the delivery charge and I trust them.

I used to go further afield to Morrisons, Tesco and Waitrose but am crippled by my panic attacks and ill health in general.

I do go to M & S when I am near one like yesterday when I went to the shopping centre that is Ocean Terminal - same place where I got my new shoes. I always feel limited in what I can buy due to it being too heavy in 2 shopping bags even though they are the tough bag for life ones. My Waitrose shopping bag is made of jute and I'm quite fond of it. I've used it to pack in stuff before my hospital stays.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 03:43 PM

I love a bargain...I’m a mug for supermarket offers.
The minute I walk in, trolley in tow, I make a beeline for the ends of the aisles, to see what bargains I can pick up (please don’t mistake this for the ‘reduced’ shelf. I’m not so tight that I’d buy a month-old artichoke for 6p).
The supermarkets have clearly cottoned on to this, as the offers are getting more and more outlandish.
Not too long ago, I came across a Buy 6, get 6 Free! offer on Müller Fruit Corners. “Fantastic!” I thought, and promptly bought 24. Of course,
I hadn’t considered that I would need to eat 4 of my hastily-purchased novelty yoghurts every day just to keep on top of things. And of course, I hadn’t considered that I would forget about them until Wednesday, meaning I had to eat 8 a day to stop a yoghurt colony forming in my fridge. By Sunday I had Müller goodness leaking out of my eyes.

But I never learn. I came across another offer recently that seemed too good to pass up: Buy one get one free! on 450g packets of Sugar Puffs. Now, that may not seem too bad until you consider that that’s almost a kilogram of Sugar Puffs. Do you know how much Sugar Puffs weigh? Nothing.
They have to tie the packets to the shelves to stop them from floating off. I had just bought 8 million Sugar Puffs and two months later I was still eating the buggers.

It’s no wonder that Honey Monster looks the way he does; I’m beginning to go a bit fuzzy around the edges myself. I don’t really like Sugar Puffs..
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
The minute I walk in, trolley in tow, I make a beeline for the ends of the aisles, to see what bargains I can pick up (please don’t mistake this for the ‘reduced’ shelf. I’m not so tight that I’d buy a month-old artichoke for 6p).
The supermarkets have clearly cottoned on to this, as the offers are getting more and more outlandish.
Not too long ago, I came across a Buy 6, get 6 Free! offer on Müller Fruit Corners. “Fantastic!” I thought, and promptly bought 24. Of course,
I hadn’t considered that I would need to eat 4 of my hastily-purchased novelty yoghurts every day just to keep on top of things. And of course, I hadn’t considered that I would forget about them until Wednesday, meaning I had to eat 8 a day to stop a yoghurt colony forming in my fridge. By Sunday I had Müller goodness leaking out of my eyes.

But I never learn. I came across another offer recently that seemed too good to pass up: Buy one get one free! on 450g packets of Sugar Puffs. Now, that may not seem too bad until you consider that that’s almost a kilogram of Sugar Puffs. Do you know how much Sugar Puffs weigh? Nothing.
They have to tie the packets to the shelves to stop them from floating off. I had just bought 8 million Sugar Puffs and two months later I was still eating the buggers.

It’s no wonder that Honey Monster looks the way he does; I’m beginning to go a bit fuzzy around the edges myself. I don’t really like Sugar Puffs..
I got into the habit of always eating cereal after my hospital stays as they always have it for breakfast. There are about 6 varieties they stock. I like corn flakes and Alpen (without the sugar) best.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
– Snip –

I do go to M & S when I am near one like yesterday when I went to the shopping centre that is Ocean Terminal - same place where I got my new shoes. I always feel limited in what I can buy due to it being too heavy in 2 shopping bags even though they are the tough bag for life ones. My Waitrose shopping bag is made of jute and I'm quite fond of it. I've used it to pack in stuff before my hospital stays.
Perhaps one of these on the link below might help you out with carrying a lot of shopping?

Plenty of choice available online.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hoppa-Light...n%3A3327590031
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I got into the habit of always eating cereal after my hospital stays as they always have it for breakfast. There are about 6 varieties they stock. I like corn flakes and Alpen (without the sugar) best.
I hate muesli...it tastes and looks like the bottom of a budgie cage
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
It's lifting in to the boot afterwards that's difficult!
Easy peasy, Rhian. I've lifted heavier things...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->

Rehab, yesterday:

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top