Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 12:54 PM

Unaided..Doule-bounce or Pull-up?

I was picking bits of card up off the classroom floor yesterday
I had crouched right down... a bit like this...

And when I was done I realised I couldn't just lean my hands on my thighs and push myself up any more!!!

Luckily there were no kids in the room so I bounced my bum on my heels a couple of times to get enough momentum to stand

I'm thinking it wont be long before I won't be able to do that any more either...Then I'm going to need to pull myself up with my hands (Or someone else's!)

How do you get out of squatting?

Attached Images

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 01:05 PM

Re: Unaided..Doule-bounce or Pull-up?

With difficulty. My knees are shot after 45 years+ of kneeling down as part of my job. I usually have to grab hold of something and pull myself up.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 01:10 PM

I try not to squat if I can avoid it rhian, after 30 years of being on my honkers, ( that’s Geordie for on your knees, no , I’m not a Geordie) , fixing washers, my knees are knackered, last year I got up after kneeling, and my knee went, I was hobbling for days, had it strapped up and had to take painkillers, of course by the time I managed to get a doctor appointment, it wasn’t too bad, so not much he could do, it’s old age gal, it comes to us all
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 01:19 PM

My first wife swears her bad knees were made worse as she used to kneel on the floor to change the baby all the time. But I think its more of a weakness in her knees.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 02:56 PM

I don't think I could get down there in the first place.

Still, if ever you need a hand.....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 03:09 PM

If I really, really have to get on the floor to play with the dog (like retrieving tennis balls, throwing them again), I usually crawl to my armchair, place my forearms flat and haul myself up that way. Damned difficult for me nowadays.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 03:12 PM

I'm with Jazzi on this one once I'm down I need assistance of a chair or something to get back up. Or as I found when I fell last 4 young fit men can get me up quicker than I went down !
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 04:48 PM

Luckily I have had years of exercise involving squats and leg pressing at the gym that my thighs are in very good shape. My only problem now seems to be with my knees which sometimes 'click' a little. A sign of arthritis I think which tends to abate when I do relevant exercises at the gym.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 04:50 PM

I find it difficult to get up especially if I squat.

This is due to muscle shrinkage and the fact that I'm not very active, partly due to health issues, partly down to sheer laziness.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 05:05 PM

A tail from yesterday.
Pretty day so we sat at the garden table for a bit. Unfortunately, the back legs of my chair were on the grass rather than the patio.....

The inevitable. A rearward collapse. Amused my wife. And that bloody dog! Getting up was a challenge.
"Max, bugger off!" didn't seem to work. He thought it was a new game.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top