Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 10:11 AM

Re: How often do you consult wikipedia?

How often do I consult wikipedia?

Frequently .....

Whether it be for personal projects or leisure pursuits, it's my primary source of knowledge and, like others, I pay for the privilege.

But ..... it's not the only source of knowledge on the internet and I have secondary and tertiary sources along with those used on an ad-hoc basis.

As precious said, nowadays, answers to our questions are at our fingertips .....
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 11:42 AM

I do use Wikipedia some times, but if you Google something not just Wiki will tell you about it. If it's about a singer/author I tend to go to their web site for the info. I find a lot are on Facebook too.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 12:20 PM

I like the way a page has so many links to other wiki pages. And many sentences have a number in brackets at the end, click on that it takes you to References at the bottom of the page, with external links to books, newspaper articles or wherever the info came from.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I like the way a page has so many links to other wiki pages. And many sentences have a number in brackets at the end, click on that it takes you to References at the bottom of the page, with external links to books, newspaper articles or wherever the info came from.
I like links, too, but they are anathema to some FMs .....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top