Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
precious
Brisbane Australia
precious is male  precious has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 07:55 PM

Re: Being liked.

My sister in law refused my "kiss" when the family were saying goodbye after a family reunion. Not that I like her either. Just the brush off was more than noticeable. I thought we had to at least maintain the pretence we could stand each other. In front of others I mean.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 08:29 AM

Why do you dislike each other precious?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 09:01 AM

I have never been concerned about being liked. Doing what I consider to be the right thing, even if it makes me unpopular, is far more important, imo.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 09:21 AM

Carol, l am wondering if you are slightly sensitive?
You once said in a thread that l had never liked you.
This came as a huge shock to me as l had never thought that at all!
So l’m wondering if you are picking up the wrong vibes from this particular lady?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 12:03 PM

How can people on the internet say they don't like each other? They have never even met!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 12:22 PM

Poor you Carol. Unfortunately, there is little else you can do to make someone like you, even if you are the nicest person in the room. If they wish to be stand-offish with you, I say let them get on with it. The fault lies within their own personality, nothing to do with you at all.

I think we have all been in the same position as you at some stage in our lives. wanting to be liked and accepted. It's part of life, and it must hurt when those efforts are rebuffed.
Let her stew I say Carol. there must be far nicer and sociable people around you that love your sunny friendly nature and will appreciate you for it.

There is only one loser - HER.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
There's this woman who stands near me at my aqua fit class. I've attempted to make conversation with her but all I get are abrupt answers. She just doesn't want to talk to me & yet she talks animatedly to my friend who stands on her other side.

I know she doesn't like me so I ignore her now & chat to a nice woman who stands behind me..

Do you get the feeling that somebody doesn't like you & you don't know why?
Could it perhaps be Carol that while you are chatty and pleasant that woman may dislike exactly that about you as she is not like that, but may possibly wish she is?

Most of us I reckon, will tend to gravitate towards people who are similar to us in some way, sensing you are not like her may be why she is abrupt with you in the way she is.

Personally, I would not allow her to make her problem your's, it's her's and for her to deal with, not for you to even think about let alone take on board. Just be yourself and let her get on with it.

I can only echo shropshiregirl's comment – "There is only one loser - HER."
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 02:10 PM

Why would anyone expect Folk who meet Us to automatically like Us?
I certainly don't...If everyone liked everyone They met,what a wonderful World it woud be..(cue for a song)
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
This has happened to me and I do wonder what I ve donee to warrant them to take a dislike to me as I m a friendly, smiley person. It used to bother me when I was younger but not so much now as I've gotten older, it's them with the problem, they don't know what they are missing not having the pleasure of my company hehe.

Anyway carol I really like you, i.d talk to you. Take no notice of that miserable bugger and you just keep being the lovely lady you are.

Mwah x

I think Lion Queen's is the best answer - she admits it has happened to her.

I'm not sensitive & I'm not trying in the least to make this woman like me.

I just thought it might make a subject for a thread.

Art, it's true I have accused you of not liking me - usually when you've made a derogatory remark about me. We have a little discussion about it and it's over - forgotten.

I think you & I get along ok on this forum. I don't bear grudges against anybody.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

15-08-2019, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
How can people on the internet say they don't like each other? They have never even met!
You know they can Floydy ... Why did Pauline put you on her ignore list?

It wasn't because she liked you!!

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top