Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 05:02 AM

Re: Tolerating Intolerance

I didn't know dolphins had larger brains than humans ...I learn something new everyday on this forum

As far as tolerating intolerance.... I think we have to guard against intolerance as we get older it's so easy to think we are always right and discard the views of others sometimes it's us who are intolerant...we just don't recognise it in ourselves.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
Who have I complained about??? There's a mention of 'deleted' posts. Did I miss something?
No I don't find Aussies or Brits have a chip on their shoulder. Everywhere has it's quota of idiots, both young and old, male and female.
Yes Cider I agree. I think a nation can have a "sombre" character - in a very general sense. I do think the British are more sombre than Australians or Americans. Maybe a little more pessimistic. Maybe it's the weather, or the long history, the wars?..I don't know. But they are also very stoic, brave, loyal and basically very decent people. But having a "chippy shoulder" is a very different thing. Presh's post about "homicidal ideation" disappeared. Deleted by the admin I'd say. It was not a good idea and it was getting bogged. We told him. He's cool.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I didn't know dolphins had larger brains than humans ...I learn something new everyday on this forum

As far as tolerating intolerance.... I think we have to guard against intolerance as we get older it's so easy to think we are always right and discard the views of others sometimes it's us who are intolerant...we just don't recognise it in ourselves.
You are dead right there. I think dolphins have a larger cortex than humans. As an animal they are roughly the same size. A big frontal cortex usually means intelligence so I think they are pretty smart. As us?....who knows.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 06:08 AM

wow! "Homicidal ideation", that sounds very profound! And lethal!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 06:58 AM

It can be hard work, tolerating a Sombre Hombre.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
I've lived here for 13 years and don't find Aussies have a chip on their shoulder at all.They are much more easy going than anyone in the UK and the youngsters are usually very friendly.Even to us old codgers.

They are the most balanced people in the world they have a chip on both shoulders
keezoy
Australia

15-08-2019, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
They are the most balanced people in the world they have a chip on both shoulders
Not biting.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 08:53 AM

Nothin wrong with Aussies! As long as they've got a Kiwi to steer them!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
You are dead right there. I think dolphins have a larger cortex than humans. As an animal they are roughly the same size. A big frontal cortex usually means intelligence so I think they are pretty smart. As us?....who knows.

Well they can swim well
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand

15-08-2019, 08:58 AM

On a more serious note, the problem with all forums is the absence of 'body language'. How much we can tell in a face to face situation is often crucial to not getting a wrong perception of some one's intent. I always try to assume the best intention with, perhaps, a small doubt if the conversation continues down the wrong path.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top