Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 09:03 AM

Christmas Holidays

So tell me what you are all doing over the Christmas Holidays.

For me not a lot.

Christmas Day just Myself, my Husband and the Cat.
Boxing Day have booked a Table just for the two of us in a posh Indian Restaurant in Lavenham, Suffolk.

That's it folks.

Susie xx
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 09:13 AM

Re: Christmas Holidays

Lavenham - a lovely place!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 09:14 AM

Not sure yet what I am doing - but it will involve turkey!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 09:33 AM

I'm sick of it already. Walking through supermarkets and glancing down the end of the "Christmas Aisle" to see an incredibly tacky and sparkling red and green nightmare.

I'll post something more joyous nearer the time. Once.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 09:37 AM

Three weeks in Portugal, Lisbon mostly, but also Alentejo & Algarve. I like Lisbon at xmastime (I like it anytime), nice seasonal feel, fab lights down the main avenue, tastefully decorated cafes, roast chestnuts in the street.

We're staying with Ms d00ds family, we'll have traditional salt cod on xmas eve, and turkey lunch on the 25th. Her boy, my stepson, currently working in Aus is coming over for three weeks. He owns an apartment there and rents it thru airbnb, we're gonna help him decorate it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 09:43 AM

I will be hiding away as much as possible until the whole ghastly proceedings are over .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 09:45 AM

It.ll be dinner for six, me, my husband, my son, my dad, my dog and my parrot!. Christmas dinner at home.

I have always loved Christmas but it's not the same anymore since mum and my sister died. I try to enjoy it but it is tinged with much sadness.

How lovely dood, Christmas in Lisbon.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 09:57 AM

A quiet Christmas for us this year, just Mr Mags and myself. Presents will be delivered before and after Christmas.

I’ll put the Christmas tree up this year but no other decorations.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 10:04 AM

The only reason I do Christmas is because I am with the grandchildren so I become the child again as we go out into the night on Christmas eve as we look for Santa and the reindeers . The excitement and the magic comes alive in their eyes. Then Christmas day I usually cook the dinner for daughter and family ( their kitchen , which is a blinking nightmare to work in) but I do it because I want a decent meal otherwise my daughter burns or overcooks the meat till its dry and turns the vegetables into watery mush . Her knifes are always blunt and searching for saucepans and things drive me blinking bonkers and I also need alcohol.to help me get through the hundreds of presants that fill the lounge as I wonder just how many hundreds of £ s have been spent this year . It takes a very long time to watch the girls open presant after presant then discard it for the next one . Usually I get a bottle of baileys which I drink as I smile remembering how my two children were lucky to get maybe 6 small wrapped gifts from father Christmas. But it is Christmas day and I want the girls to be happy and excited so I pour another glass of baileys as I peel the potatoes and season the meat humming Carols .

Then on boxing day I say my farewells and run like hell home to the peace and quiet of my little home which doesn't even have a sparkle or a bauble or a flashing light .

I open a nice bottle of wine and think thank God that's over for another year
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 10:06 AM

I've told family and pals to ignore us this Christmas as my hubby is having a hip replacement next week and im not sure how he will recover (he has other health issues)

Have invites but I'm not not sure he will want to be bothered... so will just play it by ear. Won't be going away for New Year this year that's for sure.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top