Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 02:08 PM

Re: Christmas Holidays

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I will be hiding away as much as possible until the whole ghastly proceedings are over .
Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Me too Meg! Over the last few years I have tried to make sure Christmas didn't exist at my house. No decorations, cards, presents,but we have had roast beef for lunch & I am amazed at how relaxing it has seemed!
Me three!

I'll be hiding and hoping the mother in law goes to her daughter's and my other sister in law goes to her in laws for Christmas and New Year.

Christmas day will be like any other day the only difference being I'll have a toad in the hole for dinner and will probably have my once a year dessert of apple crumble and ice cream.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 04:12 PM

I will spend Christmas Day with my sons family .
God knows what I will do for presents I hate the whole bussiness.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 04:29 PM

We have a bunch of family coming. There will be ten of us with seven staying overnight. My wife is the cook so we have become the hub.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nothing planned yet.

If the Pretendies are here then it will be Christmas Eve at Sabrinas, Polish meal of fried carp and the kids get their presents.

If Guy is here then Christmas Day will hopefully be with him, just the two of us.

My Ex is quite forceful, he may have to go to her place in Suffolk to keep the peace.

It is all very fluid.
Why, Swimmy? She hasn't bothered to visit him since he has been ill - and you were so looking forward to being with him this year!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nothing planned yet.

If the Pretendies are here then it will be Christmas Eve at Sabrinas, Polish meal of fried carp and the kids get their presents.

If Guy is here then Christmas Day will hopefully be with him, just the two of us.

My Ex is quite forceful, he may have to go to her place in Suffolk
to keep the peace.

It is all very fluid.

Swim, may I ask how old your son is please?

Surely he can decide for himself where he would rather be at Christmas!
Has he said if he minds going to Sabrina's, or his Mum's or whether he would prefer to stay with you?

Perhaps he could do what a lot of family's do, and spend Christmas day with one parent, and Boxing day with the other?
Would that keep the peace?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 11:48 AM

WE are all going to DD"s for Christmas , I have hosted long enough now . They are great cooks & I do little bits here & there .
We go Church in the morning ,after putting the Turkey in the oven and it lovely to come back to the delicious aroma .
We then open pressies drink Champagne ,then get on the preps .
We will have 5 days there so yippee .
Happy christmas one & all
xx

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top