Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 11:46 AM

Radio Programmes

Do you listen to the radio? If so what are the programmes that you listen to the most?

Mine are: the Today programme on Radio 4 every morning, occasionally, the Archers Omnibus on Sunday mornings and then Classic FM whenever I'm in my car.

Sometimes I listen to Woman's Hour if I have some ironing to do.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 12:11 PM

Re: Radio Programmes

A local station called The Beach. Don’t think much of the music but you get news of what’s going on in our towns. But it is very rarely I listen to the radio and may only do so if spending time in the kitchen. I much prefer the telly.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 01:06 PM

Radio 4 for the news and the afternoon plays if I'm driving. Used to listen to the News Quiz on Friday evenings until they started following a left-wing biased agenda - same as with the Now Show. Used to be a mix of comedy sketches and music but has now descended into some kind of talk show spouting propaganda.
Radio Leeds after 2:00PM - local issues and traffic reports, music, and some fun thrown into the mix.
LBC for the news now.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 01:12 PM

Same as Judd said - Radio 4 for the afternoon plays and news. I also like their Gardener's Question Time.
I mostly have local radio on though (Radio Northampton) for traffic news and local issues.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 01:17 PM

Radio 2 - Jeremy Vine.

Always seems to have some interesting topics.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 01:27 PM

I usually have radio 4 on from 6am to 6pm It is great company and informative.
I used to like classic FM and radio 3 but my tinnitus is so lound it spoils my enjoyment of music.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 02:11 PM

The only radio l listen to these days, is a short podcast of Steve Allen’s show on LBC.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I usually have radio 4 on from 6am to 6pm It is great company and informative.
I used to like classic FM and radio 3 but my tinnitus is so lound it spoils my enjoyment of music.
I'm sorry to hear that about your tinnitus Meg. I suffer from it too, for the last 46 years - I know exactly when it started because I was pregnant with my second son. I am so used to it now that I can usually tune it out, unless it's being particularly loud for some reason. It's a shame that yours spoils your enjoyment of music.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK

24-11-2019, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Same as Judd said - Radio 4 for the afternoon plays and news. I also like their Gardener's Question Time.
I mostly have local radio on though (Radio Northampton) for traffic news and local issues.
I haven't listened to an afternoon play for ages Mups - I used to enjoy them too. I shall make a note to myself to listen to them again in future
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
I haven't listened to an afternoon play for ages Mups - I used to enjoy them too. I shall make a note to myself to listen to them again in future
A lot of them and the 'Saturday Night Theatre' ones are available to listen to on youtube - I usually do that when I am card making.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top