Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 02:27 PM

Re: Radio Programmes

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
A lot of them and the 'Saturday Night Theatre' ones are available to listen to on youtube - I usually do that when I am card making.
I didn't know that Silver Tabby, I shall have a look to see what I can find
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
I'm sorry to hear that about your tinnitus Meg. I suffer from it too, for the last 46 years - I know exactly when it started because I was pregnant with my second son. I am so used to it now that I can usually tune it out, unless it's being particularly loud for some reason. It's a shame that yours spoils your enjoyment of music.
Thank you Margaret tinnitus is an unpleasant condition, mine has got worse since I started taking certain medication and some days the buzz becomes roar that is so loud I can't hear people speaking...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I usually have radio 4 on from 6am to 6pm It is great company and informative.
I used to like classic FM and radio 3 but my tinnitus is so lound it spoils my enjoyment of music.
That is sad, Meg. Shame you can't take anything for it.

I'm sorry to hear that about your tinnitus Meg. I suffer from it too, for the last 46 years - I know exactly when it started because I was pregnant with my second son. I am so used to it now that I can usually tune it out, unless it's being particularly loud for some reason. It's a shame that yours spoils your enjoyment of music.
I suffer too, can't remember when mine started, I've had it for years, but not a badly as most people.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Thank you Margaret tinnitus is an unpleasant condition, mine has got worse since I started taking certain medication and some days the buzz becomes roar that is so loud I can't hear people speaking...
Tinnitus is horrible, but mine only gets worse sometimes & doesn't last long. I have never seen a doc about it though.

I listen to BBC radio 2 most weekday mornings I like the pop quiz. In the car we usually have Heart playing. Daughter likes that station.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 11:00 PM

I didn't know that Silver Tabby, I shall have a look to see what I can find
Just type 'radio drama' in the youtube search box - there is all sorts in there.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2019, 11:20 AM

Do you listen to the radio? If so what are the programmes that you listen to the most?

Mine are: the Today programme on Radio 4 every morning, occasionally, the Archers Omnibus on Sunday mornings and then Classic FM whenever I'm in my car.

Sometimes I listen to Woman's Hour if I have some ironing to do.
I listen to the radio on and off all day, mostly ABC Local Radio In the morning my clock radio wakes me and I am up an showered before the 7.45am News followed by AM, the current affair program.

The only time I change station is at Noon when the Country Hour comes on; heffer prices at Dubbo or weaner prices at the Deniliquin Saleyard hold no magic for me.

Friday at 5pm is "Thank God it's Friday" essential listening for me.

Everyday at 6pm is PM the evening Current Affair review which takes me nicely to turning the TV on for the 7pm ABC News.

The only time I don't listen (apart from the Country Hour and even the cricket is abandoned for the Country Hour) is Sunday morning when the appalling Ian McNamara is on with "Australia All Over" I usually go for my walk and listen to Spotify.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top