Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 11:33 PM

Re: No longer allowed to express our opinions?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I think it was his wife's car. But I think it's tantamount to having f'off on your car. I have a feeling it's not legal to have rude words or images on your car. I mean if you chose to have a topless photo or nuddy man pic you'd be pulled over sharpish.
Nevertheless, it seems that the police have the choice as to whether to charge some and not others; ordinary motorists and not politicians!
Does this suggest that our laws apply to some but not the privileged?
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 12:59 AM

Re: No longer allowed to express our opinions?

Don’t know what the legal position is but I noticed the name of the chap who was pulled over.
I think the passenger in this car, Peter Cook, is the anti-Brexit Independent candidate who is standing for election with his cat called Stan in Gillingham and Rainham.
I can just imagine him travelling around in a bright yellow Mini Cooper covered with anti Brexit stickers.
He may be disgruntled about the policeman but it gave him a good story for some free publicity!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top