Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 12:04 AM

Re: Katie Price declared bankrupt at High Court

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Remember the days when bankruptcy was an embarrassment and your name was put in the paper to shame you .

Now it seems a way of escaping paying off your debts but maybe I'm thinking wrongly. Is someone here able to give me more information. Surely if she owes debts then they must be paid .

We ordinary folk would have bailiffs at the door wouldn't we
Bankrupcy is just a way for rich people to pay only ten pence in
the pound off their debts Susan, l thought everybody knew that !!
Donkeyman!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 10:47 AM

Thanks donkey man. I've met bankrupt people before and they dont seem to struggle and their life style is good . It seems wrong that they can walk away from people who they owe money too .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 06:28 PM

She didn’t even turn up for the bankruptcy hearing. Then bragged about it all to other passengers on a train
Who does she think she is?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's a shame not because of the money but because she was quite attractive when she started and all the operations and cosmetic changes have ruined her looks. She keeps having more surgery and treatments to try to fix it but they just make it worse.

Tend to very much agree with you Annie. She was a very attractive girl when she was younger and known as 'Jordan'. But, as we all know, and to put it kindly, we grow older and would imagine, just like a used car, need repair after a while.

Problem is, with age,nothing is ever quite like it once was, even with the best of effort over the years. One would imagine that the cost of 'keeping up with appearances' will no longer be affordable for her now she has been made bankrupt. She will have to join the rest of us mere mortal women and revert to the jar of Olay cold cream!

She will have a shock facing reality. No sympathy of course, anyone stupid enough to squander 40 million pounds doesn't deserve it. She is fortunate though that she has ex husbands that can afford child maintenance.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Tend to very much agree with you Annie. She was a very attractive girl when she was younger and known as 'Jordan'. But, as we all know, and to put it kindly, we grow older and would imagine, just like a used car, need repair after a while.

Problem is, with age,nothing is ever quite like it once was, even with the best of effort over the years. One would imagine that the cost of 'keeping up with appearances' will no longer be affordable for her now she has been made bankrupt. She will have to join the rest of us mere mortal women and revert to the jar of Olay cold cream!

She will have a shock facing reality. No sympathy of course, anyone stupid enough to squander 40 million pounds doesn't deserve it. She is fortunate though that she has ex husbands that can afford child maintenance.
I should'nt worry too much about her SG, She is probably getting
advice from an accountant and part of that advice was most
likely to go bankrupt? Then dispose of any recently aquired assets
bought on credit or deferred payments and invest the proceeds for
her future income, which if she has planned her bankruptcy well
could finance two or three world cruises every year??

Regards Donkeyman!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 11:53 PM

It's funny but there was a Graham Norton interview with Elton John. This was preceded by a timeline of Elton's life milestones. One of these included a bankruptcy as a result of a £40m spending spree. Is this a celebrity trend?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

Well the thing is that she had great bone structure from nature. Aside from her boobs the only artificial feature at the time of Jordan were her dental veneers which she'd had done as a result of a childhood accident. But she decided that she didn't like her predatory nose and wanted more delicate looking veneers. This then led to her lips being less full and her face not having as much support so she started on the botox and fillers. I've read about people having a nose job and then finding it was holding up their face!

It's a case of if it ain't broke don't fix it so you have to wonder what it is that's broken inside that leads to all this need to constantly change appearance.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I should'nt worry too much about her SG, She is probably getting
advice from an accountant and part of that advice was most
likely to go bankrupt? Then dispose of any recently aquired assets
bought on credit or deferred payments and invest the proceeds for
her future income,
which if she has planned her bankruptcy well
could finance two or three world cruises every year??

Regards Donkeyman!

You could well be right, donkeyman.

Years ago I knew a chap in our village who owned one of the local shops, had his fingers in many other pies, owned land, and bought and sold horses.

Twice over the years that I recall, he went bankrupt.
He used to put all his horses and valuables in his wife's name though, so they could not be taken to pay his debts.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 08:05 AM

All that money and fabulous life style any thing they want is theirs at the touch of button . Riches beyond our thinking . The midas touch , yet cant find happiness . We hear of the mega rich becoming addicts or alcoholics.

I wonder if the self indulgence causes the pain

I wonder why money doesn't make you happy
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 08:43 AM

I'm not sure she and people like her are not happy...it's not my kind of happiness its the kind that heaps unhappiness on other folks....I would be ashamed to owe people money and then tell them tough I'm not paying it back....not her apparently.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top