Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 01:14 PM

Re: What weather reports amuse you?

Sure, why not, if you're exhibitionistic, ha ha!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 01:41 PM

can we do it in private?
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 01:55 PM

You could.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 08:27 PM

When I was a kid and the weatherman came on the radio he sometimes said "There's an anti cyclone over Ireland" hadn't a clue what it meant, I used to think he said "There's an Auntie cycling over Ireland" Then I'd think to meself. God help her in this weather, I hope she doesn't get a puncture.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

12-06-2014, 08:57 PM

What's the difference between cloudy with sunny breaks, sunny with cloudy breaks, variable cloudiness, some cloud, some sun?
I'm not kidding, they want to keep their rears covered no matter what the weather!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 09:05 PM

I agree with you AC, they like to be prepared for everything so they show you everything in the shop, just like a politician never gives a yes or no answer, the wind can change suddenly and anyway leaving them out on a limb, and they can't risk that.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 10:52 PM

how about possible shower - I've seen a real shower overhead and from afar but never a possible one. and were would it be possible - over my house, nextdoors, whole town, just the local park - all a bit vague to me.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

13-06-2014, 12:29 AM

Here's one that kills me: They'll state the temperature, then put 'Real Feel'. So if it's 25C, Real Feel 30C.

Why can't they just say 30C? If that's what it feels like, wouldn't that be the temperature then?

I'm going to start a thread on this one in the Science Section!!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

05-07-2014, 09:35 PM

here's a slight variation on some of the above "next four days - clearing showers" - the weather bureau reports that they will be clearing showers for the next four days - please don't keep calling we only have a small person clearing team and if we don't get around to you in four days they will be gone anyway!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2014, 08:43 AM

On the news early this morning, parts of South East Canada (Ontario???/Nova Scotia???) have had power outages (in the uk we say power cuts) due to a hurricane which weakened into a tropical storm and brought large amounts of wind and rain. Has South East Canada suddenly moved a lot further south into the tropical regions???

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top