Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2016, 03:31 PM

Re: Cataracts

My wife had hers done this last year and they worked out fine.
After 70 years she only uses glasses to read, and at 1 + she just bought a pair from off the shelf as suggested by her optician, now she has a pair in every room in fact they are everywhere.
It took me ages to get used to living with the new woman, after 70+ years of living with a woman with glasses.
I have cataracts and they are not good but not bad enough to get done, and they seem to have stopped at this stage never getting any worse, so I shall probably never have them done.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2016, 03:44 PM

Re: Cataracts

My optician told me in 2014 that I had cataracts but, as they didn't cause me any problems, I decided to leave it. Then in 2015 it started to cause me slight problems so I asked my optician to set the wheels in motion to have them done on the NHS. From then on my cataracts deteriorated quite rapidly until it reached the point when I couldn't read the newspaper and driving became difficult. I then decided to have one done privately and it was done within 2 weeks but cost me over £2500. The second eye I had done on the NHS and had to wait about 3 months but I could see quite well out of the eye I had had done. The point is, if I had had them done in 2014 I could have had them both done on the NHS and saved myself a lot of money.So to anyone with cataracts I say have them done as soon as you know about it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top