Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 08:45 AM

Re: A place for everything

Originally Posted by summer ->
I remember a long time ago sitting on a train on my way to work....two women in front of me discussing a person..

I realised into the conversation it was me they were talking about...to this day years later their remarks stuck with me...comical but insightful...they said sneeringly...she's the sort who puts her milk bottles out every day.

Still makes me laugh thinking about it
How funny !
But ifs that the worst they can say about you ...
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Rather than give yourself an amount of time, which as you say hasn't worked, why not set yourself achievable goals like say, tidying just one cupboard or one work surface? Then when you see it's possible to achieve something that could give you the positivity and impetus to wishing to do more. It's all an attitude of mind, and it's always possible to change one's mind!

Setting realistic goals does seem to work for all kinds of things, I do it every day or I would not get anything done at all. Small steps (goals and achievements) all add up to one larger achievement and so on.

Good luck anyway if you do give it a try.
I will yesterday I cut half the hedge ( couldn't reach the other side )
Inside I just don't know where to start because everyday it's a mess.
Here I am looking at my untidy kitchen and it's just the same as yesterday but worse as Mr M has put a light up ( it's been in the cupboard for months .) Now all the debris, tools of trade empty boxes are all over the place .
My heart sinks
.Its like the Forth bridge .
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I will yesterday I cut half the hedge ( couldn't reach the other side )
Inside I just don't know where to start because everyday it's a mess.
Here I am looking at my untidy kitchen and it's just the same as yesterday but worse as Mr M has put a light up ( it's been in the cupboard for months .) Now all the debris, tools of trade empty boxes are all over the place .
My heart sinks
.Its like the Forth bridge .
Well done Muddy on cutting the hedge. That is a positive achievement you can actually see which may just spur you on to do more.

With the inside just start somewhere, anywhere, the kitchen sounds a good start. Clear up what Mr M left and you will see something achieved which will allow you to see that change is possible. It doesn't matter how big or small those steps are, it's just seeing that it's possible to achieve the objective and seeing the results as you go along. All those efforts, big or small, will in time be seen as the overall whole objective being attained – then you will feel really good!

Something like this started with me but in a different way. I was having a hard time with a lot of problems and needed something to aim for. My son sent me one of those 'self-help' books, not that I had much faith in those. However, reading it as I promised him I would, there was a small paragraph with the initials of a helpful saying 'Constant And Never-ending Improvement' – C A N I. That has never been forgotten and today I still think of it when life gets to where I don't want to get on and do things, like a lot of us. That was now over 20 years' ago – the power of the mind is amazing and we are in control of our own mind!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

02-08-2019, 04:06 PM

The place is in a state again
Have taken some to the dump and some to charity shops but it's still in disarray .
I feel so desperately tired just looking at it .
I feel I am sinking in the disorder.
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2019, 06:21 PM

The place is in a state again
Have taken some to the dump and some to charity shops but it's still in disarray .
I feel so desperately tired just looking at it .
I feel I am sinking in the disorder.
It's only just over 10 days since I posted on here advising to just do a small amount at a time, it doesn't matter how much you do but to see what you have actually achieved may just spur you on to do more. Doing a very small amount every day will eventually all add up, that cannot fail so without really putting excessive effort into it you will have achieved your objective.

Onwards and upwards, be positive and you will get there!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

02-08-2019, 06:29 PM

Baz I have had my two grandchildren for some days and the place is worse than ever .
I do some everyday but it's never ending it's always the same .
Baz46

02-08-2019, 07:48 PM

Baz I have had my two grandchildren for some days and the place is worse than ever .
I do some everyday but it's never ending it's always the same .
That's more understandable now you've said you have your grandchildren, they can and often do make a lot of mess. However, the amount you've done every day must make the mess the grandchildren leave a little less than would have been the case had you done nothing.

Just keep trying, never give up. It must make a difference eventually, then you will feel so pleased with yourself and your efforts!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2019, 08:59 AM

Good advice Baz ....Grandkids bring chaos and muddlement (is that a word...doubt it)..just focus on a bit at a time Muds....
Baz46

03-08-2019, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Good advice Baz ....Grandkids bring chaos and muddlement (is that a word...doubt it)..just focus on a bit at a time Muds....
Surprisingly Summer that is a word. To be honest I thought at first it might be 'Yorkshire', but not at all. However, it is a very accurate and descriptive word!

Definition of muddlement in English:

muddlement
NOUN

Confusion, bewilderment.
Origin
Mid 19th century; earliest use found in Wilkie Collins (1824–1889), writer. From muddle + -ment.
Pronunciation
muddlement/ˈmʌdlmənt/
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2019, 10:22 AM

Deleted

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top