Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2019, 10:26 AM

Re: A place for everything

I don't even know where my handbag is much less what in it
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2019, 10:31 AM

Could you afford to pay someone to do the physical work ,an ad in a shop window perhaps ?
Someone might be glad of a few hours casual work ?
I recently paid £10 for someone to vacuum my flat , my hands are so painful at the moment I can’t do it.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2019, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I don't even know where my handbag is much less what in it
For a female that sounds serious, I mean not knowing where it is, not what's in it!

For a final idea, how about this for a suggestion then – have a theme party –a 'Tidy It Up' party!

Invite friends and family and also hire a skip. Ask people to take a room at a time and run everything past you first, either saying to them where that item belongs or 'skip it'. Plenty of food, not too much drink though, and it will get done far quicker than you could ever do it on your own – many hands make light work!

All good fun and into the bargain an almost instant tidy house, just what you want to achieve!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2019, 10:52 AM

Muddy, l feel your pain and can commiserate with you.

I have one small bedroom full of ‘other people’s things’. I have cupboards full of cooking utensils, baking tins etc. My garage is full of the stuff, two of my daughters brought home from university.

I really must have a blitz on the place but l haven’t psyched myself up yet. Yet, if l have arranged to go out, l suddenly have the energy and the mood to do it.... but l can’t as l have to get ready and not be late.
When l do have the time, l can’t be bothered to clear it. l quite happily convince myself that life is too short and it doesn’t matter!

I will do it soon... l have to because before l know it. l will be ashes and my children and the house clearance people will be ruthlessly chucking the whole lot out!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2019, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
For a female that sounds serious, I mean not knowing where it is, not what's in it!

Invite friends and family and also hire a skip. Ask people to take a room at a time and run everything past you first, either saying to them where that item belongs or 'skip it'. Plenty of food, not too much drink though, and it will get done far quicker than you could ever do it on your own – many hands make light work!

All good fun and into the bargain an almost instant tidy house, just what you want to achieve!

My children do that when I have passed away !
My friends and family would only make more mess.

We are having a blitz this morning trying to chuck things out .
I am moving things to the garage -well it's nearer it's final destination

But everything needs its place

E.g. Although we have at least three dustpan and brushes in circulation we could not find any of them this morning .

At last one turned up and I have now put in a hook so now it has its place !
Da dah !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

03-08-2019, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Muddy, l feel your pain and can commiserate with you.

I have one small bedroom full of ‘other people’s things’. I have cupboards full of cooking utensils, baking tins etc. My garage is full of the stuff, two of my daughters brought home from university.

I really must have a blitz on the place but l haven’t psyched myself up yet. Yet, if l have arranged to go out, l suddenly have the energy and the mood to do it.... but l can’t as l have to get ready and not be late.
When l do have the time, l can’t be bothered to clear it. l quite happily convince myself that life is too short and it doesn’t matter!

I will do it soon... l have to because before l know it. l will be ashes and my children and the house clearance people will be ruthlessly chucking the whole lot out!
I think we must be related Art
I have loads of baking tins etc too Mr M through away my Christmas cake tin yesterday ( he doesn't like Christmas cake so I haven't used it for 20 years )
I was quite upset !

As for the rest ( all my children's drawings and things they made they are precious to me .

I can visualise my boys saying what on earth did Mum keep this load of old rubbish for !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

03-08-2019, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Could you afford to pay someone to do the physical work ,an ad in a shop window perhaps ?
Someone might be glad of a few hours casual work ?
I recently paid £10 for someone to vacuum my flat , my hands are so painful at the moment I can’t do it.
Oh poor you that must be difficult .

No I don't need any labour what do you think I have Mr M for ?
He's a whizz with the vacuum but he doesn't TIDY first !
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2019, 11:39 AM

My children do that when I have passed away !
My friends and family would only make more mess.

We are having a blitz this morning trying to chuck things out .
I am moving things to the garage -well it's nearer it's final destination

But everything needs its place

E.g. Although we have at least three dustpan and brushes in circulation we could not find any of them this morning .

At last one turned up and I have now put in a hook so now it has its place !
Da dah !
Well, other than leaving to your family to do the final deed you do seem to be making the effort yourself so that can only be positive.

The motto 'everything has its place' is a good one to follow I reckon, I find it works for me and others also believe in this.

Good luck with this morning's blitz anyway.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

12-08-2019, 07:38 AM

Thank you Baz due to arts thread I am going to spend less time on here today and go through my latest stuff again .
I unearthed five boxes from the loft .
They have a lot of sentimental things in them .
My children’s art work their school reports old invitations
Do other people keep this stuff ?
I also have quite a lot of ornaments and artifacts from my travels and they are nice .
Well some are (I have an Indonesian death mask on the kitchen wall )
It’s doesnt exactly fit in
Bantyman
United Kingdom
Bantyman is male 

12-08-2019, 07:44 AM

Do you have a place for everything and everything in its place?
I don't .
I have crap everywhere and can never find anything .
I am the worlds worse at this sort of thing, my eldest daughter came round the other day whilst I was out and thought she was doing me a favour, she opted to tidy up my man shed, Now I cant find a thing..lol...Bless..

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top