Join for free
Page 4 of 15 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 05:29 PM

Re: EU Caving in on Fisheries

Originally Posted by Bread ->
We are an independent sovereign nation.

Only the EU says things like 3rd Country to fool its followers into thinking its a good idea and superior to everyone else.

Only fools believe it
Only a matter of defining. A country that is not a member of the European Union as well as a country or territory whose citizens do not enjoy the European Union*right to free movement, as defined in Art. 2(5) of the*Regulation (EU) 2016/399 (Schengen Borders Code).
https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/wh...ird-country_en
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Only a matter of defining. A country that is not a member of the European Union as well as a country or territory whose citizens do not enjoy the European Union*right to free movement, as defined in Art. 2(5) of the*Regulation (EU) 2016/399 (Schengen Borders Code).
https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/wh...ird-country_en

We ended free movement with the EU today
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 06:08 PM

We ended free movement with the EU today
Corona victims all over europe will thank you for that.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 06:14 PM

Corona victims all over europe will thank you for that.

I think you mean "all over the world"
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

18-05-2020, 09:32 PM

I think you mean "all over the world"
I think you are right. Trump was a little bit stupid in excluding britain and ireland from his ban on flights from europe. But it took him only four days to realise his mistake, and exclude you too. But by then corona had reached new york.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

18-05-2020, 09:48 PM

I think you are right. Trump was a little bit stupid in excluding britain and ireland from his ban on flights from europe. But it took him only four days to realise his mistake, and exclude you too. But by then corona had reached new york.

It was because the UK and Ireland are not connected to mainland Europe and weren't showing the same mortality rates at the time.

The UK has its own immigration policy as of today.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

18-05-2020, 09:50 PM

The UK has its own immigration policy as of today.
Wise decision.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 10:00 PM

Its a draft treaty the UK have drawn up that details the legal texts around the free trade agreement we are offering. We didn't request any hiding of our treaty, in fact now its ready, we are distributing it to over 400 million people in the EU so they can see for themselves what Barnier has turned down on their behalf.

It is being made public now to try and get past the deadlock between the EU and the UK because Barnier refuses to talk about trade and instead thinks that the UK should be the only country in the world to have a trade arrangement with the EU that gives away its territorial waters and ties itself to someone else's court and rules instead of their own.

There's going to be a lot of very, very angry EU businesses soon.
A very sensible move on our part.

I'm not fully sure how much the people of Europe know about these negotiations but, as has been mentioned elsewhere, the majority of EU 'member states' are not interested in fishing, at least in our territorial waters. Consequently, I'm sure that the majority of people in the EU will not be supporting Barmy in his continued insistence on free access to our fishing waters.

I am also unsure exactly how much influence the ordinary people of the EU have on the Commission and their decision makers. I'd like to think that, if the EU claims to be a democratic organisation, that should be considerable and that consequently Barmy would be instructed to drop his insistence on free access to our fishing areas.

Actually, I feel that would be a shame, because I'd much prefer him to stick to his guns and force us to take the option of leaving in June under WTO trading agreements. I really don't want a trade agreement with the EU because - and call me negative if you will - I'm sure that any such agreement, whatever its form, would certainly not be in our interests.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

18-05-2020, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
A very sensible move on our part.

I'm not fully sure how much the people of Europe know about these negotiations but, as has been mentioned elsewhere, the majority of EU 'member states' are not interested in fishing, at least in our territorial waters. Consequently, I'm sure that the majority of people in the EU will not be supporting Barmy in his continued insistence on free access to our fishing waters.

I am also unsure exactly how much influence the ordinary people of the EU have on the Commission and their decision makers. I'd like to think that, if the EU claims to be a democratic organisation, that should be considerable and that consequently Barmy would be instructed to drop his insistence on free access to our fishing areas.

Actually, I feel that would be a shame, because I'd much prefer him to stick to his guns and force us to take the option of leaving in June under WTO trading agreements. I really don't want a trade agreement with the EU because - and call me negative if you will - I'm sure that any such agreement, whatever its form, would certainly not be in our interests.
Your spot on there, JBR.

The EU commission only serves itself. The EU project and political ideology is their priority.

Meanwhile in other trade news, the UK and USA trade talks are going very well.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...ump-trade-deal
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 10:39 PM

Your spot on there, JBR.

The EU commission only serves itself. The EU project and political ideology is their priority.

Meanwhile in other trade news, the UK and USA trade talks are going very well.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...ump-trade-deal
More good news. Hopefully, success there will also be reflected throughout the rest of the world.

Even the EU or, as is quite likely to happen, individual European countries!

Page 4 of 15 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top