Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 03:01 PM

Re: Phone Cheats

I noticed you mentioned Meg you would have to be tortured to give your pin number. Don't know if you know that if someone marched you to the ATM and you put your pin number in backwards. The bank will pay the money out for you. Take pictures of you and whoever at the ATM and get the Police to be on their way. Worth knowing just in case
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
I noticed you mentioned Meg you would have to be tortured to give your pin number. Don't know if you know that if someone marched you to the ATM and you put your pin number in backwards. The bank will pay the money out for you. Take pictures of you and whoever at the ATM and get the Police to be on their way. Worth knowing just in case
I've never heard of that Bowie.

What about if you inadvertently do it by mistake?

I've almost done that once or twice but I have to admit that it's unlikely I'd type in the exact reverse of my PIN 'cos I think that my brain's unlikely to completely reverse a 4-figure number.

Perhaps that's the trigger? stevmk2
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 04:08 PM

That really is worth knowing if it should ever happen. Thank you for passing that info on
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 04:11 PM

Pin reversal is a hoax.
Have a look on the Crimestoppers web page.
Though I think it would be a great idea

Meg, you made me laugh about torturing you for your pin number me too!

My mum was very trusting, though we were very lucky that she wasn't duped out of a lot of money. But she was an easy touch for a loan
Eventually I did persuade her to have me as joint account holder and kept an eye on the statements. She did pay a regular sum to Cancer Research and GOSH but any other charities I always said, "I'll look into them first mum" ... her memory wasn't too good and luckily she'd forget.

I'm sad and angry for the people who have been duped out of so much .. I suspect they don't have anyone close enough to go to for help and advice.
If I didn't have hubby, I'd have my two children, I'm lucky.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Pin reversal is a hoax.
Have a look on the Crimestoppers web page.
That's a shame
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
That's a shame
Never thought to look it up myself either I must admit.
Bit slow of me - Oooer! stevmk2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 05:35 PM

Sandy I have never used an ATM and wouldn't know what to do with one
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 08:23 PM

Read this and thought this don't sound right.

Went on Snopes and found its an urban myth

http://www.snopes.com/business/bank/pinalert.asp
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2013, 07:26 PM

we've been alerted to these scams before..but there's always someone gets caught out...we got a new roof a couple of years ago and when i went to the bank to withdraw the money... the cashier said....I have to ask you what you're spending the money on....now it's nobody's business what we spend our money on...why do they have to know that??
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2013, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
It's people like her Meg, in their thousands that are 'fleeced' all the time. stevmk2
Yes Steve there are thousands of people who are vulnerable, what annoys me is that the Police and legal people don't realise and the punishments don't do anything to deter these vermin.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top