Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 12:16 AM

Re: A life changing moment

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
Realising that I was falling in love with my Lovely Cousin, and not wanting to stop.
The first time she said, "I love you".
Her asking me if I was going to propose to her any time soon.
Her saying yes when I did.
Her saying "I will" a year to the day later.
Having children.
Being told I had had a silent heart attack. (It turned out I hadn't, but had suffered severe heart failure instead.)
How lovely Fruitcake. Not the heart attack part of course.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
When I had a cardiac arrest.

What did I do? I said, "Ah! shit!" How are things now? I lived.
I’m glad you’re doing well
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

23-01-2021, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
To cure a hangover after all else failed and I was advised to go for a jog by a runner...I was 27 at the time...Who could have possible known where it would lead me.....It certainly changed my life, and continues to do so.

It seems a bit trivial after reading some of the emotional posts on here, and my heart goes out to you all. There have been other drastic changes to my life before and since. Like the time I met Mrs Fox, or the time I suffered my first heart attack and died for a few minutes.....And the birth of my beautiful daughter....She's a chip off the old block....
Wow Sly old grey fox 🦊. What a life well lived.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by macywack ->
just recently having to buy a pair of wellies
I hope you were not feeling Sheepish.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 08:55 AM

Some lovely stories here....Tiff I'm so glad you met with your son and you are both OK.

My life changing moment was having kids....honest for the first 30 years of my life I vowed I would never have them then at age 31 I had my son.....it was like a eureka moment I remember thinking as he laid in his cot in hospital if a tiger entered this ward now.....I would fight it to the death..... don't laugh honest I was serious
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Some lovely stories here....Tiff I'm so glad you met with your son and you are both OK.

Thank you Summer.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Having a baby & giving him up for adoption. It was one of the saddest things I have ever done. Changing my life it didn't, though, as once I was back to normal, things went back to normal. You never forget though.
Aw Tiff that is so sad...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
What was the one incident in your life when you knew in an instant that your life was about to change?

What did you do and how are things now?
There have been so many most of them unpleasant...
Possibly the worst was my husband having a stroke three weeks after our son was born . The stroke left him partially paralyzed and was the result of an injury he initially received when serving in the Army in Northern Ireland.
We lost the business we had just set up and our home.

What did I do, got on with things, first finding somewhere to live . I took the Yellow pages and telephone anyone I thought might have an empty cottage and a wonderful lady who owned an estate in Dorset where we were living at the time had a derelict farm cottage which I rented for some months to give me breathing space.
No one had lived in the cottage for years , I scrubbed every floor with bleach and scythed a path through the knee high grass outside and settled in with my baby visiting my unconscious husband in Dorchester hospital every day.

Things were never the same, now years later I have reached a time of peace at last
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Possibly the worst was my husband having a stroke three weeks after our son was born . The stroke left him partially paralyzed and was the result of an injury he initially received when serving in the Army in Northern Ireland.

What did I do, got on with things, first finding somewhere to live . I took the Yellow pages and telephone anyone I thought might have an empty cottage and a wonderful lady who owned an estate in Dorset where we were living at the time had a derelict farm cottage which I rented for some months to give me breathing space.
No one had lived in the cottage for years , I scrubbed every floor with bleach and scythed a path through the knee high grass outside and settled in with my baby visiting my unconscious husband in Dorchester hospital every day.

Things were never the same, now years later I have reached a time of peace at last
Wow, Meg!

Be proud of yourself.

Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

Meg I know about your husband and your baby son, possibly from previous posts, but I am amazed at how strong you were to deal with those problems.
Nearly all boys love their mum, so no surprise that he is still there for you, but you are being doubly rewarded by your grandchildren, who cant wait to get close to you after the pandemic.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top