Join for free
Page 5 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 11:04 AM

Re: New House New Project

Looks a fab place Summer, I love that shade of yellow don't you..

Best of luck with the project though, exciting times and really look forward to seeing the transformation.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 11:47 AM

Summer I can see why you like this house and I know from experience that worries about the hard work go out of the window when you have fallen in love with it!

Here is a tip though, if you have horses and sheep in a field behind. Make sure that you have a sturdy fence or hedge on your boundary!
When I first moved to my place I had to encourage cows to go back to the field, imagine looking out of the window & seeing a cow on the garden! When the horses were stabled here they learned that I gave them carrots and if I was late they would come to remind me..... and they were big enough to jump over my hedge at that time!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 05:19 PM

Flippin' 'eck Summer, that looks a great place. We've just started getting things done in our new place. A sparky will be here on Tuesday to fit new lights and sockets and to replace some dodgy wiring in the garage. In a couple of weeks, the painter will be here to paint over all the dark brown wood panelling with egg-shell paint - anything to lighten the very dark hall way. In the summer we've decided to have the windows changed because so many of the double glazed units have blown and none of the frames have trickle vents (leading to dampness around the existing frames). Then there's the remains of the chimney breast to take out and floor boards and carpets to change.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 07:32 PM

Good luck.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 08:32 PM

can I book a room, it'll look palatial when its done, its already beautiful Summer, I can't wait to one day come and see it for myself! xxx
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Looks a fab place Summer, I love that shade of yellow don't you..

Best of luck with the project though, exciting times and really look forward to seeing the transformation.
Great colour isn't it Barry there are some interesting colours in the house the hall is shocking pink
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Flippin' 'eck Summer, that looks a great place. We've just started getting things done in our new place. A sparky will be here on Tuesday to fit new lights and sockets and to replace some dodgy wiring in the garage. In a couple of weeks, the painter will be here to paint over all the dark brown wood panelling with egg-shell paint - anything to lighten the very dark hall way. In the summer we've decided to have the windows changed because so many of the double glazed units have blown and none of the frames have trickle vents (leading to dampness around the existing frames). Then there's the remains of the chimney breast to take out and floor boards and carpets to change.
Its never ending isn't it Percy ...its worth it though and I enjoy the adventure of it all...seeing it all done and the improvements...its like.....I did that ..yay!!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

24-01-2021, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Good luck.

Thank you Jazzi
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

24-01-2021, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
can I book a room, it'll look palatial when its done, its already beautiful Summer, I can't wait to one day come and see it for myself! xxx
Course you can come....you have looked at the whole house so I'm glad you still like it we just need this lockdown over now Queenie.....enough is enough
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

24-01-2021, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Summer I can see why you like this house and I know from experience that worries about the hard work go out of the window when you have fallen in love with it!

Here is a tip though, if you have horses and sheep in a field behind. Make sure that you have a sturdy fence or hedge on your boundary!
When I first moved to my place I had to encourage cows to go back to the field, imagine looking out of the window & seeing a cow on the garden! When the horses were stabled here they learned that I gave them carrots and if I was late they would come to remind me..... and they were big enough to jump over my hedge at that time!
Hi Twinks...yes I have been warned about the sheep there are some apple trees in the garden and they like to pop over and help themselves apparently.....I cant wait to see the cats reaction to them...they have never seen sheep before

Page 5 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top