Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 11:15 AM

Re: Couriers.

Originally Posted by macywack ->
we have deliveries almost on a weekly basis and have not had any problems. Hermes is our most used courier service got to know the driver since at the first lockdown we were getting deliveries every day of plants i had to do online. It is my understanding that drivers are not allowed to go into a garden or even passed a door, so often parcels are left at the side gate, all about insurance cover
The why did they ask me for a 'safe place' to deliver?

I told them my greenhouse.

They sent me an email saying it had been delivered to my greenhouse but it wasn't there...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 11:18 AM

Are there any green painted houses near you Carol? Maybe, if he was foreign, he misunderstood what a green house was
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Forget the courier.

This is between you and whoever you bought it off.

They are responsible for the delivery.

Demand your money back.

You did not receive what you paid for.

Yes I have emailed the sender explaining the situation.
I have requested they sort the problem out with Hermes & get my parcel to me or give me a refund.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 11:40 AM

Sorry to hear about your mislaid parcel Carol. I was a self employed courier but worked alongside many other couriers, some of whom worked for companies or like me, self employed. It's been my experience that it's down to the courier himself. Some will go to the ends of the earth to make sure your parcel is delivered safely and on time, and others couldn't give a damn as long as they can pick up their paycheck at the end of the month....I think you were just unlucky this time....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
It seems they might have delivered it to the wrong house. If so, a neighbour might bring it round.

That's what I thought too, Mart.

Carol, if it was 7 pm and pitch dark, maybe they couldn't see your greenhouse?

I usually find Hermes pretty good, it's Yodel I find worse than useless.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 12:50 PM

We have about three regular couriers who deliver here, and without exception, they are absolutely superb.

Apart from two hardware shops, nobody in my family has been out the house for anything other than medical appointments since last March. Consequently we are totally reliant on deliveries.
We have ordered stuff mainly from Amazon and ebay, and have only had a problem with a couple of deliveries. They did arrive, but we didn't know about it at the time until we got a message to say something had been "put behind a bush" or "dropped over gate".

The worst recent delivery was a Covid home test kit, dropped over the back gate. Nobody rang the doorbell or knocked on the door. The doorbell has a camera and a "knock detector" so we know the driver never did either of those things.
No text or call to say the kit had been delivered.

Luckily I found it before the dogs did when I let them out to do what dogs do-do.

A few years ago I ordered some thin brass chain via Etsy. We got a message to say the driver couldn't find our house despite it being on the widest part of the main road here.
When I chased it up, the story had changed. They had delivered it, but couldn't tell me where.
Eventually I got a message to say it had been returned to the seller, and we gout our money back.

The worst delivery ever however was Yodel when we bought nearly £600 worth of security cameras direct from the manufacturer.

It was supposed to be delivered to a locker, and a code to open it was supposed to be sent to us by text.
We got a delivered message, but no code.
The locker was bolted to Morrisons, but on enquiry they said it was nothing to do with them as it was exclusively for Amazon goods.

We got hold of the delivery company who said it was delivered to the supermarket itself, and sent a copy of the signature.
It took a lot of tracking down, but eventually the store manager was able to locate it, especially when we said how much the package was worth.

Apparently someone got a rocket because the staff there are not allowed to received packages that are not addressed to an employee or the store itself.

The manager recognised the signature and found the employee who had signed for the box despite it being against store policy. They didn't recognise the recipient's name (mine) so locked it in an office.

Thankfully we got it back, but there were a lot of one star reviews given out afterwards.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 12:52 PM

It's usually Hermes who deliver our parcels, and the guy is so pleasant, we've never any problem, but a couple of weeks ago I was expecting a parcel, and as usual could track it so I knew when it would be delivered,
Then I saw the the delivery van go past the window ,and got an email saying it had been delivered and a photo taken at somebody's open door....but not mine,,he had delivered it to the wrong house, but the neighbour brought it to me...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Grrrrr - I have had an email from Hermes to say a parcel had been delivered at 7.00pm last night but it hasn't!

They left no calling card, no proper photograph - just one of a dark place which could be anywhere.
Also there was snow on the path but he left no footprints going to my (safe place) the greenhouse so I think that proves the case.

I fear the driver didn't have time to deliver so did this instead.

Why do they do this? Surely they realise the bother they cause people. Now they send a photo of the parcel in situ I suppose they think it covers them. My photo was a pitch black picture with a few shadows. I think he probably took it in the back of his van!!

I've emailed Herne's and the sender. All this hassle I can do without!

Anybody else had problems with couriers?

Carol, did you know that they lie a lot of the time ,it’s a business ,what can you expect, that’s their way of getting out of it..

Personally,I think on the whole they do a great job, remember also,we are in lockdown, they must be run off their feet.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 12:59 PM

Hi

Hermes are terrible.

When Zac and Derrick whwere here they were shipping 40 to 60 wheels and tyres a day.

Hermes did not last long.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 01:24 PM

I get most of my stuff from Amazon, and they confirm a delivery day and approximate time via email. Not only that, because I've got Amazon Echo devices, I'm alerted to each step of the delivery as the courier drops off his/her deliveries before mine, and I can track the delivery online.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top