Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 02:59 PM

Re: Is this a coincidence with Brexit?

Maybe, in a perverse way, we ought to be happy if the new strain is spreading so quickly. Means that the damned thing will finally get to run its course in a shorter period (which might lead to a smaller number of potentially more dangerous variants taking place) so that we can return to normality sooner.

Am well aware of the harsh flip side to this in terms of potential increased number of deaths.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Have a read of this and then say it's coincidence.

Oh and please; rather than attacks upon where this has been posted would you at least look at the reasoning and see what of that you might find that you object to?

' Can anyone point me to the evidence that this new variant is “70% more transmissible than the old variant?” '

" Dr Mike Yeadon isn’t convinced.

'I suspect it’s invented. It’s one of around 40,000 variants, typically emerging from error prone replication. It would be funny if it weren’t so serious if it turns out to be an asymptomatic variant: easy to catch & pass on but doesn’t make you ill.
We could call it a vaccine.'
"

https://lockdownsceptics.org/2020/12...s-the-evidence
The new covid strain is probably real, Zaphod, as the new strain has
been detected in several widely separated countries already? But,
the panic has definitely been invented !!
Possibly by the governments own medical experts trying to get Boris
to abandon his Christmas travel plans, which they were very much
against?? If so, it seems to have worked!!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
So you believe this panic has been manufactured Annie?
If so, l tend to agree with you ! As you rightly say, to fly, you already need a negative covic test to purchase a ticket ?? And lorry drivers can easily be tested before embarking or even before they start their journey ?? In fact l am surprised that this does not already happen !! It's a pity all these precautions didnt take place before the virus
left China??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Possibly overblown to avoid no deal? As in we will be so grateful to have whatever is agreed. I understand that the blocker is fishing 3 years vs 8 years or summat like that....

I predict that a deal will be announced as part of all this chaos and it will be portrayed as a success!
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
The new covid strain is probably real, Zaphod, as the new strain has
been detected in several widely separated countries already? But,
the panic has definitely been invented !!
Possibly by the governments own medical experts trying to get Boris
to abandon his Christmas travel plans, which they were very much
against?? If so, it seems to have worked!!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
I'm not doubting that it's a new strain.
Well .......... reasonably new - it's been around for months that they are aware of.
But it's the fuss, when it is known and accepted that there are many strains.
There were IIRC at least six known about before our first lockdown.
Plus that is what a virus does; it mutates.

I don't really give a fig for anybody's personal opinion of Dr Mike Yeadon or indeed of anybody else; I care about facts and research-based evidence.
So far there is a distinct lack of both.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Possibly overblown to avoid no deal? As in we will be so grateful to have whatever is agreed. I understand that the blocker is fishing 3 years vs 8 years or summat like that....

I predict that a deal will be announced as part of all this chaos and it will be portrayed as a success!
My thoughts were along similar lines.
Overblown to show that as we leave with no deal that's as bad as it can get - and Brexit didn't cause this.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 10:51 PM

I just wonder how we could have let it get to this.....
I of course refer to the fact that we rely so heavily on imported food and allowed the population of of this small island to become so great that we no longer have the means to feed everybody. Honestly, what did we think was going to happen by overpopulating the country and swamping the NHS in times of need. If you pack too many people on a ship it will sink....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 11:26 PM

It's people who are ignoring social distancing, masks and rules that have let it get to this OGF. We are where we are economically because the empire made us reliant on trade with the world to maintain a pretty decent level of wealth. We have done pretty well out of that arrangement in the past. Besides, it's not like we grow pineapples, spices, bananas, avocados, cashew nuts, almonds, peanuts etc etc etc here. We have imported and exported food, materials, commodities since medieval times. What's wrong with trading with other countries?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 11:30 PM

Perhaps we should have kept quiet about it just like China did in the first place.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Perhaps we should have kept quiet about it just like China did in the first place.
I hope that we are testing all the Chinese who are flying in to check out all of the properties, golf courses, businesses, they have created over here.

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 12:40 PM

Of course it is a coincidence, ridiculous to think it is not. It is exactly what happens during a pandemic.

All the state borders to NSW have suddenly shut including the ACT because of an outbreak in Sydney (not the new UK Virus but the old one imported from the USA).

Definitely not something you can blame on Brexit.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top