Join for free
Page 50 of 50 « First < 40 48 49 50
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 08:48 PM

Re: Covid new strain.

[QUOTE=Baz46;2016213]Our government needs to look at both Australia and New Zealand as examples of what needs to be done IMO. Probably far too late now but we've been through as long lockdowns now as these two countries have. Had we dealt with COVID-19 in that same way, we would probably be the same as they are now, which is relatively free of this awful virus.

Here we are only just introducing quarantine rules for incoming flights! Totally banning incoming and outgoing flights should have been done back in March last year IMO:

I agree with you, Baz.

I would also still like to know why the WHO are being banned from entering China to investigate the start of all this. How can that be allowed?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-h...ntering-china/
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
"A new variant of the virus behind COVID-19 has been detected in Japan, the country's Health Ministry announced on Sunday.
A gift that just keeps on giving.......
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 10:41 PM

No one is considering the Chav Index.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I doubt that very much Baz.
Our geography suggests that it would be impossible to quarantine certain counties like Australia has done. Also, our cold sunless winters also assist in the spread of this and other viruses which is witnessed every year to some degree. The worthiness of the NHS was not considered (or schools and housing) before the population was allowed to get out of control by the influx of so many people. A good idea at the time to boost the economy, but as recent events have shown, not such a good idea when you don't have much of an economy left.
I agree with you, Baz.
[/QUOTE]

We would not be the same as Australia or New Zealand had we adopted the same restrictions Mups...For the reasons I stated in my earlier post.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 10:58 PM

[QUOTE=Mups;2017007]
Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Our government needs to look at both Australia and New Zealand as examples of what needs to be done IMO. Probably far too late now but we've been through as long lockdowns now as these two countries have. Had we dealt with COVID-19 in that same way, we would probably be the same as they are now, which is relatively free of this awful virus.

Here we are only just introducing quarantine rules for incoming flights! Totally banning incoming and outgoing flights should have been done back in March last year IMO:

I agree with you, Baz.

I would also still like to know why the WHO are being banned from entering China to investigate the start of all this. How can that be allowed?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-h...ntering-china/
Who could stop China from saying no? China is a sovereign state that can and should decide who to allow in.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 01:06 AM

The Federal Government has increased the capacity of the NT's Howard Springs Quarantine facility to cope with arrivals from the UK.

It has taken some time after total arrivals in Australia were halved in response to the UK Strain - the capacity of this faculty was increased but an evacuation scheme had to be organised because this is the cyclone season in the top end

Page 50 of 50 « First < 40 48 49 50

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top