Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2020, 01:51 PM

Re: Tony Blair

The whole ludicrous Honours rubbish should be abandoned. As for Mr and Mrs Blair and all the little B's ---- I don't like a single thing about them. They have destroyed the UK almost single handedly.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2020, 02:00 PM

A dishonourable system that should be reviewed.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2020, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Reported in various media that he is being considered for Knighthood, because those that followed him are waiting for theirs.

Queen said to dislike him.
Not only our Queen but also Chuck feels the same about Blair the Abominable too, so I cannot see that request going through for the foreseeable future
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2020, 05:25 PM

When push comes to shove the queen does as she is told, a lesson that Big Ears has apparently yet to learn.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2020, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
Not only our Queen but also Chuck feels the same about Blair the Abominable too, so I cannot see that request going through for the foreseeable future
Who cares what an over privileged under educated old woman who has lived in a protective bubble all her life thinks ?
She gave her useless pizza parlour son all sorts of honours he didn’t deserve .
Blair saved her bacon when the royal family wobbled over the Diana funeral thing they suddenly realised that a large part of the population doesn’t like them .
knighthoods are a load of rubbish anyway except for Captain Tom !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2020, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Knighthood? He should be prosecuted for war crimes. And can you imagine Lady Cherie Blair? Yuk!
Definitely.

He is one of the three worst PMs we have had in my memory:
BLiar, Treason May and Traitor Heath.

BLiar should indeed have been prosecuted for war crimes. He started a war in which many of our men were injured and killed, and now he has the nerve to have his disgusting face popping up on the news all the time.

May was a traitor in that she did all she could to go against a majority vote and keep us under the control of the EU.

Heath, of course, took us into the EEC/EU without holding a national referendum/vote which, bearing in mind that we lost our sovereignty for 40 years, was unforgiveable.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2020, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The whole ludicrous Honours rubbish should be abandoned. As for Mr and Mrs Blair and all the little B's ---- I don't like a single thing about them. They have destroyed the UK almost single handedly.
I agree about the honours system.

If it is to be retained, I think that all proposed recipients should be subject to a national vote. As is, it is an old boys' club who look after each other.

Certainly the House of Lords should be made democratically electable and should number no more than 100. The Yanks manage with that number in their Senate.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2020, 12:26 AM

Their system is so good they elect presidents like Donald Trump.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2020, 02:55 AM

Does this mean she actually likes some of the others???
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2020, 09:34 AM

I don't like the honours system either especially for people like Blair....Prime Ministers are usually elevated to the House of Lords this hasn't happened in his case so maybe a knighthood is second best.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top