Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 06:30 PM

Why Do Some People Wear Hi-Vis Jackets All Year Round?

I always associated Hi-Vis jackets with construction workers or occupations where their visibility was important.
So why is it more and more men and women wear them all year round and they don’t even work in a job that requires them.

Ok cyclists would require them for visibility when say, riding their bicycle in the dark.
What l don’t understand are the ones who wear them like they do their everyday clothes.

Is this trend of wearing a Hi-Vis jacket becoming similar to the trend of those men that wear shorts all year round?

I find it rather odd but everyone to their own!

Do you have any views on this?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 06:34 PM

Re: Why Do Some People Wear Hi-Vis Jackets All Year Round?

It makes a change from the hoodie look ...

Yesterday I saw the weirdest thing. Two chaps walking down the road with pairs of skis over their shoulders.
I'm still baffled where they were going. We've only had about one inch.
They did have hi-vis jackets on though with bobbly hats.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I always associated Hi-Vis jackets with construction workers or occupations where their visibility was important.
So why is it more and more men and women wear them all year round and they don’t even work in a job that requires them.

Ok cyclists would require them for visibility when say, riding their bicycle in the dark.
What l don’t understand are the ones who wear them like they do their everyday clothes.

Is this trend of wearing a Hi-Vis jacket becoming similar to the trend of those men that wear shorts all year round?

I find it rather odd but everyone to their own!

Do you have any views on this?
Maybe on their way home from work?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
It makes a change from the hoodie look ...

Yesterday I saw the weirdest thing. Two chaps walking down the road with pairs of skis over their shoulders.
I'm still baffled where they were going. We've only had about one inch.
They did have hi-vis jackets on though with bobbly hats.

Maybe, they were looking for a cable car to go on the piste!
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 06:46 PM

artie, it must be this lockdown getting to you, there are people out there wearing normal clothes, now then "normal" might have changed since last March
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-01-2021, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Maybe on their way home from work?
Maybe, some might be but there are others who wear them all year round. l have seen one with just a vest underneath.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-01-2021, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by macywack ->
artie, it must be this lockdown getting to you, there are people out there wearing normal clothes, now then "normal" might have changed since last March
Macy, This was before the lockdown that l noticed this trend.
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 06:51 PM

oh then artie, that must have the effects of BREXIT, you must get out more
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 06:54 PM

Art, I think you’ve lost the plot...
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 07:00 PM

But she's right.
There does seem to be more folk wearing them than the usual roadworkers, binman, kids on bikes, or council workers.

I've seen one or chaps with red raw knees in this snowy weather . Must be mad wearing shorts.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top