Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 08:03 PM

Re: I have a fox

Vixens certainly do, been a few years since I have heard one now.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
This is now about the fifth time in around two weeks I have seen a fox in my garden. She even stopped for a drink from my pond the other day.
Ask your local council to send a vermin contractor to kill it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Probably a young vixen, hope she stays with you and finds a mate.

Not positive, but think the females have finished cubbing by around Feb/March time.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Ask your local council to send a vermin contractor to kill it.
There we must agree to differ.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 09:57 PM

Ask your local council to send a vermin contractor to kill it

And your reason?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 10:07 PM

I really am surprised that foxes can still be a rare sight. I thought they'd become as common as grey squirrels. I did wonder if it was because of all the take-aways in the towns and plastic bags full of rubbish that brought them in.

There's one that runs through most days from garden to garden jumping the fences, and I think this particular one is horrible. So ugly and a typical sly looking one.

I did have a chuckle a few months ago when two were playing together in the Close, on hind legs and almost doing spar boxing. Now they were cute!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

21-05-2016, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I really am surprised that foxes can still be a rare sight. I thought they'd become as common as grey squirrels. I did wonder if it was because of all the take-aways in the towns and plastic bags full of rubbish that brought them in.

There's one that runs through most days from garden to garden jumping the fences, and I think this particular one is horrible. So ugly and a typical sly looking one.

I did have a chuckle a few months ago when two were playing together in the Close, on hind legs and almost doing spar boxing. Now they were cute!

Perhaps two males fighting Pesta. It would have been the breeding season then.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Perhaps two males fighting Pesta. It would have been the breeding season then.
Really? You surprise me, they looked to be playing so nicely, but then I didn't have my glasses on
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

21-05-2016, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Really? You surprise me, they looked to be playing so nicely, but then I didn't have my glasses on

Perhaps you were right, we'll never know now.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2016, 12:39 AM

It seems that we have a regular visitor, not that we've seen him/her. It has started to poo on our garden: a piece of rough earth near enough to the patio that it stinks the place out. I'm sure it is fox poo and not cat poo, as I have researched the subject.
I have a couple of PIR sprays which are very successful in deterring cats from the area, but this fox seems to be quite happy with receiving a shower.

Any advice as to how to deter it, please?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top