Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2010, 02:26 PM

What adverts are particularly annoying you?

For me it is the 'Money for Gold' adds. I am also fed up with the programme I am watching being advertised while I am watching it.

I'm going to say it now I know it won't be a popular thing to say but 'I hate the Churchill dog'
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2010, 07:52 PM

Re: What adverts are particularly annoying you?

Lol I was gonna say the insurance ones
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2010, 08:59 PM

Go Compare is the worst ever
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2010, 10:00 PM

I don't know why I'm posting, as this is a local commercial here, but I absolutely hate the one for Room Store. The woman is a snippy sarcastic redhead who always says with a smirk: We don't cut corners, we cut prices." Sets my teeth on edge!!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2010, 11:52 PM

Those adverts do the worst thing for the product as you would never buy on principle.

I find that I am walking away from the tv while the adverts are on and on more frequently towards the end of a programme and I miss the end completely but have also lost the will to live.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2010, 12:51 AM

Commercials: why God let us invent the remote!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2010, 01:11 AM

All of them annoy me to some degree but some make me want to throw things at the TV screen
Miranda53
Buckinghamshire, UK
Miranda53 is female  Miranda53 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2010, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by suey ->
Go Compare is the worst ever
YES, YES, YES - As Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons might say - "Worst ad ever"

I think they were probably trying to find a memorable character to compete with Aleksandr, the loveable meerkat from Compare the Market ads. It didn't work!!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2010, 12:10 PM

What worries me the most is that my wife always tells me I was wasted as I should have written adverts!!

No gold to sell?,happy with your car insurance,? no wrinkles??

Then YOU are the person we are looking for.

Old git offers to tell you that it`s OK to fast forward,to be comfortable in your own skin.

Old Git--the poster you can trust

for more info just send a money order to
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

12-02-2010, 12:53 PM

Fast forwarding is ok if the programme is recorded but often I watch the news or just want to see something that looks quite interesting I don't record much. I try and watch films that have no adverts but the flippin things are everywhere.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top