Join for free
vinylman65
east coast-u.s.a.
vinylman65 is male  vinylman65 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2021, 04:18 PM

Any Fans Of-The Manhattans?

They came out of New York in the early Sixties on a roll with- Searching For My Baby, and kept right on with-I Call It Love- Can I- I'm The One Love Forgot-If I Had One Life To Live- Follow Your Heat- Baby I Need You- I Wanna Be- When We're Made As One.. and of course their biggest- Kiss And Say Goodbye.. any one remember this classic soul group?
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2021, 04:20 PM

Re: Any Fans Of-The Manhattans?

Yes, I’m a fan but I never had the opportunity to see them in concert
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2021, 04:21 PM

I've heard, and seen live, Manhattan Transfer, but I've never even heard of The Manhattans.
vinylman65
east coast-u.s.a.
vinylman65 is male  vinylman65 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2021, 05:34 PM

Maybe the best dancing group after the Temptations.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2021, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I've heard, and seen live, Manhattan Transfer, but I've never even heard of The Manhattans.
Ooh I used to absolutely adore them!
But nope, I too have to admit to never having heard of The Manhattans.
I've played a few through YT but no memories of them, sorry.
The Temptations though are another story; not via my parents (I was too young in their heyday you see) but via my aunt & uncle and I loved listening to them when I was in my teens - and beyond.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top