Join for free
Page 7 of 20 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 02:33 AM

Re: Who doesn't have the flu jab and why?

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Yes of course LQ, but when all that poster does is trawl Wikipedia and basically reprint those words as if they are from his own head to make him look superior to the rest of us...then that is being dishonest in my book.
If you're okay with being cheated by a member whose text is not his own, fine. I admire the 99% majority of members who prefer to discuss and converse truthfully
Again give up this childish tantrum whinging Floydy. You clearly don't understand the mechanics of debate. Citing references is not the least bit dishonest. It is the right way to support one's points. You are so out of your depth here it is worrying.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 02:50 AM

You are so very wrong Floydy and you seem utterly obsessed with me which is very flattering and all but it's a negative force and impact to the forum as you saw earlier today after another of your awful outbursts when someone said "please stop bickering". You ruin the thread and again and again mods have to remove your posts. You seem not to care one jot that they do that, that they deem your posts against the Ts&Cs nor do you care that you cause them to have to undertake that effort to keep cleaning up your spats.

You have zero respect for the forum and its rules, yet you agreed and signed up to those rules when you registered.

In the end you're simply showing off and craving forum attention. It's teenage mentality.

I'm not going to change the way I post. I am going to continue providing good information backed up with research.

Time you got over this little obsession
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I'd be really interested to know how many of our members do not have the flu jab.
I get one every year, never had a problem with it.

Originally Posted by Realist ->

Never taken drugs either, or smoked, or drunk excessive alcohol or any other forms of self harm

I have, still do and enjoy every minute of it (with the exception of smoking which I gave up in 1983). Even my legal prescription drugs have their moments.

All I can say is that you must live a really dull life if your unnecessarily long, tedious missives are anything to go by. Throw off the tin foil hat and live a little.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I get one every year, never had a problem with it.

I have, still do and enjoy every minute of it (with the exception of smoking which I gave up in 1983). Even my legal prescription drugs have their moments.

All I can say is that you must live a really dull life if your unnecessarily long, tedious missives are anything to go by. Throw off the tin foil hat and live a little.
Not just me then
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Yes of course LQ, but when all that poster does is trawl Wikipedia and basically reprint those words as if they are from his own head to make him look superior to the rest of us...then that is being dishonest in my book.
If you're okay with being cheated by a member whose text is not his own, fine. I admire the 99% majority of members who prefer to discuss and converse truthfully
But even if realist is quoting from Wikipedia, so what? I don't think I.m bring cheated to be fair, as I see it i.m learning something new and like reading what he has to say, quoted or not. I like the both of you on this forum and it makes me feel uncomfortable when you are both trying to get one up on each other, firing back with a bickering off topic response.

I don't want to take sides because as I said I like you both as people. I love your knowledge about diet and fitness and I have learned such a lot from you Floydy. I.m really grateful to you for passing on your knowledge to me. I find your posts on that subject fascinating because you are so knowledgable just as I find some of realists posts on other subjectd.

Personally I wish you could both either ignore each other and scroll on by or sort out your differences,

Now back to topic, damnit, I ve forgotten what it is lol.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
But even if realist is quoting from Wikipedia, so what? I don't think I.m bring cheated to be fair, as I see it i.m learning something new and like reading what he has to say, quoted or not. I like the both of you on this forum and it makes me feel uncomfortable when you are both trying to get one up on each other, firing back with a bickering off topic response.

I don't want to take sides because as I said I like you both as people. I love your knowledge about diet and fitness and I have learned such a lot from you Floydy. I.m really grateful to you for passing on your knowledge to me. I find your posts on that subject fascinating because you are so knowledgable just as I find some of realists posts on other subjectd.

Personally I wish you could both either ignore each other and scroll on by or sort out your differences,

Now back to topic, damnit, I ve forgotten what it is lol.
Good post, Lion Queen Works both ways, and as you know I relay any advice on forum topics from my own personal knowledge.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 02:12 PM

Never read this before. Not reading back either.
No, I do not have the flu jab, I used to, as I am a carer for my disabled son.
But I decided I no longer want it, for myself or my son.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Never read this before. Not reading back either.
No, I do not have the flu jab, I used to, as I am a carer for my disabled son.
But I decided I no longer want it, for myself or my son.
Why did you decide you no longer wanted it Sweetie pie?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Why did you decide you no longer wanted it Sweetie pie?
As it made no difference carol.
We used to have it every year, but we still got the flu.
Not had the flu since.
That could be a coincidence.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

25-01-2019, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
As it made no difference carol.
We used to have it every year, but we still got the flu..
Pretty damning evidence right there.

If only others woke up to that reality. Well done SweetiePie

Page 7 of 20 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top