Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 02:38 PM

Re: Aspartame

Ass par tame
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 02:44 PM

As part a me.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I have a brother and a cousin who both went anti sugar in the 70s and put saccharin in their coffee. Anyone remember those tiny hermesetas tins?

Anyway, they both now have type 2 diabetes. I wonder if there's a connection.
Makes you wonder doesn't it. Yes, I do remember everyone carrying one of those tins around with them. I also remember popping two in my mouth to see what they tasted like.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 03:27 PM

Blimey, will avoid all those then.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 10:28 PM

One of my daughters went to the Doctors, as she kept getting headaches, nearly every day.
The first question the doctor asked, was, ‘Do you drink orange squash?’ My daughter said, ‘Yes, every day’.

The doctor said, ‘Orange squash contains Aspartame and that’s probably what’s causing your headaches’.
My daughter gave up drinking orange squash and hasn’t had a headache since.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2018, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
One of my daughters went to the Doctors, as she kept getting headaches, nearly every day.
The first question the doctor asked, was, ‘Do you drink orange squash?’ My daughter said, ‘Yes, every day’.

The doctor said, ‘Orange squash contains Aspartame and that’s probably what’s causing your headaches’.
My daughter gave up drinking orange squash and hasn’t had a headache since.
I've been getting headaches recently and I use Aspartame-based sweeteners .....

I don't uses a lot of sweetener anyway, so I'll try switching back to ordinary sugar .....
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2018, 09:23 AM

One of my grand-daughters used to go "Hyper" every now & then.

Then a medic said she should avoid aspartame as it can cause such a reaction.

That worked, almost immediately.

A couple of years later, a chap I was playing golf with said he had to leave early as his daughter was going through all this as well.

I asked him if he'd heard of aspartame and he went off to research it, on line.

A couple of weeks later I met him again and guess what!

She was now fine!

I wonder how much this affects our youngsters. The manufacturers must know about it!

Note:- One big clue seems to be that the victim keeps blinking a lot!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2018, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

I wonder how much this affects our youngsters. The manufacturers must know about it!

Note:- One big clue seems to be that the victim keeps blinking a lot!
I guess this is like the red food colouring or even peanut allergies - affects some kids but not others.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top