Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 07:57 PM

Re: Probiotics in doubt?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Those Actimel ones are lovely.
You mean the ones chock full of sugar?!

Pretty much the equivalent of 3 teaspoons of sugar in every little pot, more probably than most people put in a cup of tea/coffee. Small wonder then that it appears to taste "lovely". I would hazard a guess that a turd would also taste lovely if it were piled with sugar !
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 07:59 PM

In the interests of scientific research have you tested that theory Realist?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 08:42 PM

I don't care what they say about probiotics, whether they are waste of money or not.
Since I started taking them in tablet form (quite a while ago), my digestion/stomach problems have been a lot easier.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 10:39 PM

They helped my elderly mum too Pesta. I say hang the sugar content (which doesn't matter to most anyway) and do what makes you feel better. You know your body and science just has high level stats.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
My G.P. actually recommended probiotic yogurts for me at a time when I was having alternating constipation and diarrhoea. One drink a day.

I think they helped or it could have been placebo.
GP's don't know what they are talkin about either!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 10:58 PM

I'm sorry I started this thread ! - I was only trying to be helpful?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I don't care what they say about probiotics, whether they are waste of money or not.
Since I started taking them in tablet form (quite a while ago), my digestion/stomach problems have been a lot easier.
Take it in Sauerkraut form. Tastes fabulous and has 10 times the probiotic content of the yoghurts.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 11:14 PM

Sauerkraut water is meant to be really healthy but tastes revolting.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

08-09-2018, 11:15 PM

why just take the water eat the sauerkraut too!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

09-09-2018, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Sauerkraut water is meant to be really healthy but tastes revolting.
Sounds like someone hasn't made it correctly.

Sauerkraut is really tasty. Slightly tangly, a bit like a pickle but more savoury. Others have tried making it on this forum and love it.

And for the avoidance of any doubt we are talking about real home made Sauerkraut here not any kind of shop/store bought Sauerkraut. The two things are completely different.
Shop bought Sauerkraut is not really Sauerkraut, it simply has the name. The problem with it is that in order for it to have shelf life and be safe it has preservatives added or else it has been "treated" in such a way that has killed off all the live organisms (lactobacteria etc). So all the benefit of Sauerkraut is lost with shop bought stiff.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top