Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 10:44 AM

Re: Cant wait to settle in

Originally Posted by pokertom ->
Hi Ben-.Thanks for the welcome. Born and bred about 10 miles north of Brumm just a few yards from being a black country bloke lol. If you heard my accent its close enough hahaha.I see your from the I,O,M. I spent many a happy hour and pounds at the TT and rode the course a few yrs back .Are you from our shores as you ask about Brumm
Yes Tom - I'm a Brummie born and bred until about 20 years ago when I moved here. Don't go moving any closer to 'them' though (although when I visit the Black Country museum I keep very quiet on the subject )
pokertom
Mids,
pokertom is male  pokertom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 11:05 AM

Have you still got a bit of the accent or are you all posh now . I was a Walsall lad then moved I bit further north so i'm keeping mine hehe
pokertom
Mids,
pokertom is male  pokertom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 11:10 AM

That's sad news C/C. The bikes of today are to fast for anyone i think. I tried a friends super sportsbike and it was silly trying to keep on with a bit of style. Saying that i'm getting to old for anything faster than soil erosion
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
That's interesting about the Isle of Man. My late father in law competed there for years and we had to scatter his ashes over the course in 2008. Interesting experience!!

The men in my family have bikes - about 8 the last count!! I stay well clear.!!
My Dad was always a bike enthusiast and, at one point, had about 5 of them so I grew up used to being on motorbikes then I married a man who also loved motorbikes! They can be fun unless you are behind a huge lorry on the motorway and your helmet doesn't fit too well so it lifts up and is knocking you senseless as it bangs backwards and forwards on your head
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

19-04-2013, 11:16 AM

Have you still got a bit of the accent or are you all posh now . I was a Walsall lad then moved I bit further north so i'm keeping mine hehe
Brummies think I've gone all posh but visiting Brummies (here) recognise it but oddly enough, the locals don't. I hail originally from South Birmingham so I is posh anyways
pokertom
Mids,

19-04-2013, 11:26 AM

Back in a short while , my doggy needs a tree
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 11:43 AM

That's sad news C/C. The bikes of today are to fast for anyone i think. I tried a friends super sportsbike and it was silly trying to keep on with a bit of style. Saying that i'm getting to old for anything faster than soil erosion

He didn't die riding a bike. In fact he didn't have one.
He was a passenger on the sidecars for about 30 years.
He was so keen though that his last wishes were to be scattered there.

I love the Isle of Man and would like another holiday there soon. Last time was in 2008 at the TT time so would prefer a quieter time, although my OH would probably not say that.
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 12:27 PM

hi and welcome pokertom.
I was born in Birmingham, but been gone from there many moons.
Have 2 grandchildren living in that area though.
pokertom
Mids,

19-04-2013, 02:45 PM

Hi Valice. Thanks for the welcome. Brumms ok but they keep changing it lol
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

19-04-2013, 09:59 PM

Hi Valice. Thanks for the welcome. Brumms ok but they keep changing it lol
I hear that the floozie in the jacuzzi was a very popular change

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top