Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 09:06 PM

Re: Good evening! ... We are the BORG!

All this talk of Star Trek and the Borg made me pine - had to go and watch 'Scorpion' (the one where they first meet 7 of 9) I am sure that Captain Janaway must be related to Katherine Hepburn - she looks like her and has the same gravelly voice.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 09:08 PM

I am definitely a Trekker - never took to DSN but loved NG and Voyager. Watched a couple of 'Enterprise' episodes but didn't like them - thought they had milked the cash cow dry. Spock is still my favourite character.
Three of Five
Ontario, Canada
Three of Five is male  Three of Five has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I am definitely a Trekker - never took to DSN but loved NG and Voyager. Watched a couple of 'Enterprise' episodes but didn't like them - thought they had milked the cash cow dry. Spock is still my favourite character.
Well then me n' youse got something in common then, Silver Tabby!

And you're right on the money about Janeway & Katherine Hepburn too! I thought the same thing when Voyager first began.

I was sure I remembered hearing she (Kate Mulgrew) had actually played the part of Hepburn somewhere. So I Googled it and here's what I found:

"After Voyager came to the end of the full seven seasons, Mulgrew returned to theater, and in 2003 starred in a one-woman play called Tea at Five, a monologue reminiscence based on Katharine Hepburn's memoir Me: Stories of My Life."

Cool, eh?

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top