Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2016, 04:55 PM

Your teenage years

Were you a Teddy Boy, A Mod, a Rocker, a Skinhead, a Punk, or a New Romantic?
Where did you go to dance? What was it like?

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2016, 05:01 PM

Re: Your teenage years

I used to go dancing at a club in Twickenham, it was soft drinks only, but the older members used to nip to the pub next door. Dancing was ballroom & jive & they gave lessons too mid week. Shows how old I am. Friday & Saturday evenings were general dancing. It was fun & I met boyfriends that way.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2016, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I used to go dancing at a club in Twickenham, it was soft drinks only, but the older members used to nip to the pub next door. Dancing was ballroom & jive & they gave lessons too mid week. Shows how old I am. Friday & Saturday evenings were general dancing. It was fun & I met boyfriends that way.
Ah the lovely Tiff. What did you wear? Can I ask?
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2016, 05:16 PM

My teenage years were wonderful. I lived in a very rural area but went to grammar school about 14 miles away which had a massive catchment area so my whole social circle widened up considerably.

There used to be a FREE coach that came all along the coast and also from most county towns inland and picked up teenagers to go to a Dance Hall where all the top groups played. Status Quo, Uriah Heap, Marmalade are just a few names that spring to mind but I have a book with them all listed. It was like a magnet to me and I went there from about the age of 15 with all my mates.

There used to be fights, girls spewing up in the toilets, balconies almost collapsing under the weight of people (no health and safety then) the air was thick with fag smoke and it was set alongside woodland so many a girl got pregnant up there and many a love affair started there too. The coach ride home was something else - I shouldnt think there was a sober teenager on there and I used to feel sorry for the bus drivers who would have had to clear up all the sick from the floors.

I had friends who went out with skinhead boys but I was more into loon pants, floral smocks and flowers in my hair! so went for the hippy types.

The most memorable night was seeing Canned Heat and buying bright yellow loon pants and a black mirrored grandad vest from a stall there. I wore them with huge platform shoes or boots and thought I looked wonderful.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2016, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Were you a Teddy Boy, A Mod, a Rocker, a Skinhead, a Punk, or a New Romantic?
Where did you go to dance? What was it like?
None of those things.
I was just ... Me. Why try to look like everyone else?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

21-11-2016, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
None of those things.
I was just ... Me. Why try to look like everyone else?
That is because you Morti are a Diva - only one of you
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2016, 05:52 PM

Wot no Hippies or Heavies did the sixties pass you by.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

21-11-2016, 05:54 PM

Your wish is my command Nom.
What is a Heavy?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2016, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
My teenage years were wonderful. I lived in a very rural area but went to grammar school about 14 miles away which had a massive catchment area so my whole social circle widened up considerably.

There used to be a FREE coach that came all along the coast and also from most county towns inland and picked up teenagers to go to a Dance Hall where all the top groups played. Status Quo, Uriah Heap, Marmalade are just a few names that spring to mind but I have a book with them all listed. It was like a magnet to me and I went there from about the age of 15 with all my mates.

There used to be fights, girls spewing up in the toilets, balconies almost collapsing under the weight of people (no health and safety then) the air was thick with fag smoke and it was set alongside woodland so many a girl got pregnant up there and many a love affair started there too. The coach ride home was something else - I shouldnt think there was a sober teenager on there and I used to feel sorry for the bus drivers who would have had to clear up all the sick from the floors.

I had friends who went out with skinhead boys but I was more into loon pants, floral smocks and flowers in my hair! so went for the hippy types.

The most memorable night was seeing Canned Heat and buying bright yellow loon pants and a black mirrored grandad vest from a stall there. I wore them with huge platform shoes or boots and thought I looked wonderful.
Brill response, really made me chuckle, thanks
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2016, 06:19 PM

Heavies or Hairies followed after the Hippy Era, into heavy bands and Prog Rock lots of long hair, denim, trainers. So Floyd, Zeppelin, Who, Free, King Crimson, Gong, Atomic Rooster etc.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top