Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 06:05 PM

Downs Syndrome Weathergirl.

Hi

A lovely story amongst all this doom and gloom.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39269808

Cheered me up no end today.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 06:15 PM

Re: Downs Syndrome Weathergirl.

Wonderful.

Our adopted son (32), who has DS, would love to have a part in some of the films he loves to watch.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 06:47 PM

Didn't Melanie do well and she looks lovely too

One of the weather women here has only half an arm and doesn't wear a prosthesis. I think it takes a lot of courage to be different and put yourself into the public's critical gaze
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 06:48 PM

Brill....the look on her face...magic.

My mum used to provide respite for the parents of DS kids.....it was a dream having them over.

We got one of the girls a Saturday morning job at the Garden Centre next door....she was an absolute star...everybody adored her.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 07:06 PM

Lovely to see .
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 09:06 PM

Absolutely delightful. Well done to all concerned for giving her the opportunity.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 09:08 PM

What a lovely girl, such a lovely smile too.

I'm so pleased her dream came true.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 11:14 PM

About 3 miles up the road from me is a home for DS kids and adults.
When I was self employed, I got friendly with one of the workers there.
It was your typically under funded home. Always things in disrepair.

Anyway,

If there was anything wrong there which related to health & safety / danger to the residents, I would attend and repair such things free of charge. I would charge for materials, but at net cost only. Tbh, if the material coats were sub £20, I would pay it myself and take it on the chin.

I found that the DS kids and adults were adorable and friendly. I enjoyed spending time with them.

So, there you go. The outspoken and often blunt Fender has openly admitted that he has an old softy side....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 11:22 PM

Lovely one of Jordan's friends is downs lovely lad, still visits us for a cuddle each week apparently I'm cuddliest lady he knows I have a horrible feeling he really means fat but I like a cuddle too

He's very excited Jordan asked him to be best man at the wedding I've never seen such a huge grin over such a simple thing.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Lovely one of Jordan's friends is downs lovely lad, still visits us for a cuddle each week apparently I'm cuddliest lady he knows I have a horrible feeling he really means fat but I like a cuddle too

He's very excited Jordan asked him to be best man at the wedding I've never seen such a huge grin over such a simple thing.
So, you're fat and cuddly Julie?........

Only joking!

Seriously, I always found DS kids quite adorable, a kind of trusting innocence? - can't describe it really, but I always enjoyed time with them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top