Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 03:47 PM

Frozen Strawberry Crunch Cake.

Okay, I am a genius! Who says? My grandkids who came for lunch on Sunday and had this dessert for afters. They were so impressed they are going to get their mum to make the same. So you could say it was a resounding success. I have to admit, even having a small piece myself, I thought it was really delicious. Please have a go if you haven’t already, I promise, you will love it. I found it sooooo easy to do.

There are so many varieties of Granola but I used the Jordans Honey and Oaty Bars. (6 X 2 Bars). Which is just the right amount for the recipe.

Next time I make this I am going to try the Caramel and Fresh Blueberry Frozen Crunch Cake.It sounds really yum.
This makes about 12 slices, but how can you deny yourself this when it is safely tucked away in the freezer ready for you to help yourself to a slice when and if you fancy it.

FROZEN STRAWBERRY CRUNCH CAKE

1 x box Jordans (or any other make) Honey and Oaty Granola bars

2 x tablespoons of Brown Sugar

35g or 1oz of Plain Flour

3 x tablespoons of melted butter

2 x Egg Whites

100g or 3.1/2oz Granulated Sugar

8floz x Double Cream

1 x Lemon (juice squeezed)

4oz x Cream Cheese

300g x Chopped Fresh Strawberries

Preheat the oven to 350/180/Gas4/Fan160.

You will need 1 large mixing bowl and 2 other bowls.

Put the Granola bars into a food processor or mini chopper until you get a fine crumb.
Reserve half of the crumb for the topping.

In a large bowl, combine the ½ crumb mix with the brown sugar, flour and melted butter.

Use an 8x8inch baking pan and line it with parchment paper. Press the crumb mix gently on the bottom of the pan, and bake in the oven for 10 minutes only. Let this cool.

In a mixing bowl, combine the egg whites and sugar until incorporated. Add the double cream and continue mixing for a further 5 minutes.

In another bowl, mix the squeezed Lemon juice and softened Cream Cheese on a low speed until incorporated. Now add the Double Cream mixture.

Fold the fresh strawberries into the cream mixture.

Finish the top with the remaining ½ of Granola Crumb.

Pop into the freezer for 3 hours or more. Enjoy!!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Frozen Strawberry Crunch Cake.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	4120   Click image for larger version

Name:	frozen strawberry cake.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	4121  
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 04:43 PM

Re: Frozen Strawberry Crunch Cake.

Mmm... that sounds lovely!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top