Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 08:25 AM

Re: The Voice 2018

I always objected to the fact that the judges actually visualized the contestants, before the grand final, that's the only way to judge a voice. But, in the interests of good telly, that was not practical. Maybe the Voice should be on the Radio?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
What the heck has happened to all the folks, with great voices, who were reticent, the original premise of the show, it seems to have been X factored, another one for the mustent see list.
I agree Spitty, the programme has lost that 'raw' talent edge with contestants who seem to have been schooled. The fact that there are profile films about everyone speaks of careful selection , singers who are self aware and no surprises.

One thing I do like about the current format is if none of the judges have 'turned' they don't turn and make embarrassing excuses for why they didn't turn when the singer finishes.

If no one tuned for me I would want to get off the stage as quickly as possible with the minimum of fuss.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 09:56 AM

I agree about the life stories don't think it's relevant , I get fed up with how these programmes are dragged out that why I often record them then flip through
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 08:19 PM

What the heck has happened to all the folks, with great voices, who were reticent, the original premise of the show, it seems to have been X factored, another one for the mustent see list.

Been as good as my word, not watched it since the quoted post above.

Enjoying "All together Now".
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 08:22 PM

Been as good as my word, not watched it since the quoted post above.

Enjoying "All together Now".
Yes, I'm enjoying The Voice and it will be better still when they start the elimination rounds
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Yes, I'm enjoying The Voice and it will be better still when they start the elimination rounds
So am I enjoying it. Haven't agreed with some choices, thought someone should turn when no one did, but I like watching it. Yes, I am looking forward to the elimination rounds too.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Just waiting for it to start, don't know why but I love The Voice much more than XFactor which I gave up on.

Ollie Murs is a judge this series I'm not so sure about him, time will tell.

Hope you are watching it Omah
10 minutes to go
Never seen it - for two reasons - one I don't have a TV - but the main reason is ... the repulsive Tom Jones is on it !!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 12:24 AM

I have never been able to take to ‘The Voice’ and l’m not sure why?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top