Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 10:29 AM

Re: BBC UK Song For Eurovision.

Originally Posted by summer ->
I liked it, it's one of those songs you get in your head and you can't stop humming it I loved her outfit too

I doubt we will win though all the other countries hate us.
It's not quite as simple as that, if anyone watched the show about the history of the euro competition they explained why it's as it is.
Yolande
London, UK
Yolande is female  Yolande has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It's not quite as simple as that, if anyone watched the show about the history of the euro competition they explained why it's as it is.
I watched the show Julie but didn't see where they explained why it is as it is, what is it?!
They seemed to suggest it started in Brighton with Abba, but it had started almost 20 years earlier in the 1950s.
I always enjoy it but there's no doubt much of the voting is political.
I thought all the songs last night were better than usual.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 11:04 AM

Yes it is quite catchy (caught an excerpt on Breakfast tv). No doubt Ireland will give us a fair few points, and agree, none from the others. I can't understand why we stay in it.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Yolande ->
I watched the show Julie but didn't see where they explained why it is as it is, what is it?!
They seemed to suggest it started in Brighton with Abba, but it had started almost 20 years earlier in the 1950s.
I always enjoy it but there's no doubt much of the voting is political.
I thought all the songs just night were better than usual.
I thought all the songs better than usual as well.

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Yes it is quite catchy (caught an excerpt on Breakfast tv). No doubt Ireland will give us a fair few points, and agree, none from the others. I can't understand why we stay in it.
I wonder why we bother to keep doing it too. Guess the Beeb think it part of our culture.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top