Join for free
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 10:48 PM

Bladerunner 2049

Well it's been a while since this sequel to the best Sci-Fi movie ever came out, but, not liking real cinemas I have only just bought and watched the DVD.

Interested to know what others thought of this sequel.

I wasn't disappointed that's for sure. They kept to the same beautiful dystopian world and there was a sense of uncertainty throughout. An interesting plot line and twist.

I missed the amazingly good music by Vangelis in the original. This sequel had kind of background sounds/music rather than actual music pieces if that makes sense.

There were probably a load of hidden things to, much as the original but on first viewing I didn't pick them up, other than I kept hearing the opening bars to "Peter and the Wolf" throughout and have no idea why.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 11:04 PM

Re: Bladerunner 2049

Must confess not really a fan of the original but am going to watch the latest one tomorrow,
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 01:00 AM

Not going to ruin it for Primus but I thought the ending was a bit strange and it had echoes of the final scene in the original Bladerunner.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 02:43 PM

Why strange? Did you understand the story? Who K was etc?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

10-02-2018, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Must confess not really a fan of the original but am going to watch the latest one tomorrow,
Can't imagine you'll enjoy it or understand much if you didn't like the original. The original is a masterpiece of Sci-Fi, a masterpiece visually having the last of its kind special effects using painted matte techniques, a masterpiece of atmosphere, a masterpiece of sound and music and a brilliant story full of hidden twists, which sadly casual viewers will miss completely.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 03:18 PM

In the city yesterday you could buy the full set in HMV.

The book, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Phillip K Dick, Blade Runner, Vangelis soundtrack and the new DVD.

I will wait awhile for the price to drop, but will add it eventually. Do like PK Dicks work and he must have made a mint from all the films made from his work.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Do like PK Dicks work and he must have made a mint from all the films made from his work.
Films based on Dick's writing had accumulated a total revenue of over US $1 billion by 2009.

Sadly, Dick died from a stroke less than four months before the release of Blade Runner (1982).
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 08:51 PM

loved the original disliked this one - all browns everywhere and a plot that meandered and had no impact - don['t know what they were trying to achieve apart from box office takings?"?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Can't imagine you'll enjoy it or understand much if you didn't like the original. The original is a masterpiece of Sci-Fi, a masterpiece visually having the last of its kind special effects using painted matte techniques, a masterpiece of atmosphere, a masterpiece of sound and music and a brilliant story full of hidden twists, which sadly casual viewers will miss completely.
It’s not that I didn’t like the original, it was a decent film, just all this greatest ever sci- fi film, to me is a bit ott, but, it’s each to their own, films I like and think are great would be, I’m sure, absolute rubbish to someone else
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 09:12 PM

yes it''s wot grabs you and the first did that for me - all of it grabbed me - good plot; good acting ; good scenery etc - this one FOR ME was just the opposite and that's it no one will change my view!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top