Join for free
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 10:05 PM

Catfish the TV show

I've just discovered this show on MTV.
I don't ever watch reality shows but this is different.
I'm addicted to it!

Two guys trace Social Media "friends" of people who contact them. Most have romantic interest in the "friend" they have met on the Internet but they have some doubts about them being authentic or committed to the relationship. They get them to meet up eventually.

The number of people with the same phone numbers on their accounts is very odd in some cases. Some have several profiles.

The things they find out can be quite surprising, creepy, weird or heartwarming.

After watching it a few times I realized just how dangerous it can be but, also how it can connect genuine people.

In the beginning they say that 30 million fake accounts on one Social Media site were made in a year!

If you get a chance, watch it, it's fascinating!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 10:10 PM

Re: Catfish the TV show

PS. The one tonight had two people both with fake accounts, one used an attractive woman's photo and one a gorgeous bloke, not being cruel but they looked nothing like that. When they met up they had dated ten years before and hated each other, didn't realize they'd been talking to each other for months, totally different personas! Very funny!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 01:01 PM

I've seen it before a couple of years ago TessA..the last time the 2 Guys flew a Woman who had been communicating with a Chap from another State in the USA,when They arrived at the Guys Home...HE turned out to be a SHE....the Woman was gobsmacked,and no wonder..what do these eejits get out of fooling innocent People who are just looking for a relationship...mind boggling.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 01:09 PM

My daughter loves it TessA
So I catch bits of it now and again
It's car crash tv...
Awful sometimes but you can't help being sucked in
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

11-02-2018, 01:31 PM

I feel so sorry for some who are desperate for someone to care for them, they get a response and "support", pour their hearts out only to find they have been conned.
The two guys that sort them out are very compassionate, no laughing at the victims and no bad language etc.
It's a good way to show up the pitfalls of online relationships.
Nice to see that sometimes it's just lack of confidence or shyness that holds some back from meeting each other.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 05:09 PM

My daughter’s were watching this programme today. I watched it until the two male presenters, confronted a woman with pink hair.
Wasn’t it awful, how she had befriended her ‘victim’s’ friends on a social site, in order to track her and know what she was doing.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top