Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 03:33 PM

Only looking but!!

My sons girlfriend is looking for a new ( used) car, to replace her ageing fiat panda, her criteria was , as new as possible in her budget ( slightly over 5000 pounds ) with as low mileage and as much warranty as possible, we narrowed it down to three possibilities, a Suzuki Celerio, Hyundai i10, or Kia Picanto, having looked on autotrader,etc we decided that it would be better to look around the local dealerships to see if she liked any of them, before travelling anywhere far off, because the Hyundai dealership opened earliest we decided to go there first, we knew they had nothing in their budget but we figured it wouldn’t hurt to have a look and maybe a test drive, so she had a test drive in a nice i10, and the salesman had a look on group stock and found a 16 plate one in Hull, over budget but he could do a deal, then he came back with another deal, forget the one in Hull he could do a deal on a 66 plate i10 he had on the forecourt, it was on at 6970, way over budget, but.. he offered 1000 for the panda and 500 off the i10, so I pushed for another 100 quid for the panda, ( worth 1250 on webuyanycar) and he came back with , if I can get 1100 would we have a deal, so she said yes, so she picks up her 66 plate 1600 mile Hyundai i10, with warranty until 2021, not too far over her original budget,
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 04:29 PM

Re: Only looking but!!

Phew! I'm glad your daughter didn't go for the Kia. I've heard some pretty iffy things about Kia of late. Realspeed had trouble with Kia warranty and I know in Germany there're quite a few problems people are having.
Aside from that it sounds like she found a good deal. With Dads help of course.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Kev60 ->
Phew! I'm glad your daughter didn't go for the Kia. I've heard some pretty iffy things about Kia of late. Realspeed had trouble with Kia warranty and I know in Germany there're quite a few problems people are having.
Aside from that it sounds like she found a good deal. With Dads help of course.
Actually Kev it’s my SONS girlfriend , hopefully future daughter in law, never knew Kia were a bit iffy, that would have been the next call , glad we went with Hyundai now..
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
My sons girlfriend is looking for a new ( used) car, to replace her ageing fiat panda, her criteria was , as new as possible in her budget ( slightly over 5000 pounds ) with as low mileage and as much warranty as possible, we narrowed it down to three possibilities, a Suzuki Celerio, Hyundai i10, or Kia Picanto, having looked on autotrader,etc we decided that it would be better to look around the local dealerships to see if she liked any of them, before travelling anywhere far off, because the Hyundai dealership opened earliest we decided to go there first, we knew they had nothing in their budget but we figured it wouldn’t hurt to have a look and maybe a test drive, so she had a test drive in a nice i10, and the salesman had a look on group stock and found a 16 plate one in Hull, over budget but he could do a deal, then he came back with another deal, forget the one in Hull he could do a deal on a 66 plate i10 he had on the forecourt, it was on at 6970, way over budget, but.. he offered 1000 for the panda and 500 off the i10, so I pushed for another 100 quid for the panda, ( worth 1250 on webuyanycar) and he came back with , if I can get 1100 would we have a deal, so she said yes, so she picks up her 66 plate 1600 mile Hyundai i10, with warranty until 2021, not too far over her original budget,
Just goes to show there are bargains around,no doubt aided with the upcoming new reg and more trade ins so making space for them.
Primus1
York

25-02-2018, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
Just goes to show there are bargains around,no doubt aided with the upcoming new reg and more trade ins so making space for them.
Yes spot on, we went at the right time, just before the new reg comes out , so they need to make room for the new stock, plus they have to meet their sales figures for the end of the month
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 05:01 PM

Well done sounds like a bargain.
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Actually Kev it’s my SONS girlfriend , hopefully future daughter in law, never knew Kia were a bit iffy, that would have been the next call , glad we went with Hyundai now..
Whoops! Sorry Primus.I should take more time reading.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 05:19 PM

Oh dear if only asked here first, it is another make from Korea , Not sure but same factory as Kia

"
Hyundai branded vehicles are manufactured by Hyundai Motor Company, which along with Kia comprises the Hyundai Kia Automotive Group. Headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, Hyundai operates the world's largest integrated automobile manufacturing facility in Ulsan, which is capable of producing 1.6 million units annually."

Yes my memory isn't that bad. i am a bit of a petrol head as they say. They are cheap for a reason.

I would if me cancel the order and go for a Japanese make

Did she have an HPI check? Not all garages do it and up to you to make sure there is no outstanding debt on it
Primus1
York

25-02-2018, 05:30 PM

[QUOTE=realspeed;1354130]Oh dear if only asked here first, it is another make from Korea , Not sure but same factory as Kia

"
Hyundai branded vehicles are manufactured by Hyundai Motor Company, which along with Kia comprises the Hyundai Kia Automotive Group. Headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, Hyundai operates the world's largest integrated automobile manufacturing facility in Ulsan, which is capable of producing 1.6 million units annually."

Yes my memory isn't that bad. i am a bit of a petrol head as they say

I would if me cancel the order and go for a Japanese make

Did she have an HPI check? Not all garages do it and up to you to make sure there is no outstanding debt on it[/QUOTE

It’s from a franchised dealer the car was first registered with Hyundai so no previous problems with finance , it has a warranty until 2021 so it should be covered for any problems
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 05:38 PM

If like Kia the Warrantee is useless, that 7 yr thing is a catch, my wifes Kia Cee'd brand new they flately refused to replace a faulty radio and the Alloy wheels rusted within the first year. We had the threaten them with court action if they wern't replaced
And that was with a brand new car. My Kia Sorento had more problems and faults you could shake as stick at which went back to be rectified so many times they gave up.

Still we might have just been unlucky with 2 brand new cars bought a few years apart both loaded with faults

Oh and these were from a francised main dealer as wel

My impression is all they want to do is sell and stuff the
buyer afterwards.

http://ukcar.reviews/hyundai-i10-pa-...blems-recalls/

well worth seeing if this has been done on the car

Still this is my personal opinion of cars from Korea

Remember I have worked in a lot of garages when doing work with with BT and have seen behind the scenes so to speak

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top