Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 05:25 PM

Re: Fear of flying

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
it is women car drivers that scare me
That's funny it's intimidating men drivers who scare me, any intimidation is almost always men
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I love flying, except of course with Ryanair.
We flew with them once and that was enough. We didn't appreciate flying 'junk class'.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
We flew with them once and that was enough. We didn't appreciate flying 'junk class'.
Hey
Nothing wrong with cheap and cheerful if you're going short haul
It does exactly what it says on the tin
No frills maybe but A to B with the minimum fuss
I'd use them again and Easy jet
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Hey
Nothing wrong with cheap and cheerful if you're going short haul
It does exactly what it says on the tin
No frills maybe but A to B with the minimum fuss
I'd use them again and Easy jet
Hi

I much prefer Easyjet to Ryanair, better all round.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I can't even get on a plane let alone fly in one. I have never been on a flight ever.

Tiffany darlin' - of course you can, there's nothing to it - honestly. After a short (I hope) hospital visit on 5th July, I will be hopping on a 'plane for a short visit to friends.

Because the airline I fly doesn't pay for landing ramps it means flights of stairs into and out of the 'plane. I DON'T DO STAIRS!!! - they have a fabulous bit of kit, called an Ambilift, which hydraulically lifts up to the height of the 'plane and allows me to just hobble on.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
My holiday to Spain isn't until September and already I'm getting butterflies in my tummy just thinking about the flight.

I'm thinking of going to the doctors to see if he can give me something to calm me down this time.

This is what you should do LQ.

My husband is very afraid of flying. The first time we went on a plane I thought he was going to faint - he went all shaky & had a look of terror on his face.

He learned to tolerate it for my sake but when we booked to go to America he was dreading the long flight so I persuaded him to go to the doctors.

He was given tranquilizers and they worked a treat. He was still a bit apprehensive but only in a normal way - the terror had gone..
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 07:55 AM

Have a great holiday LQ...don't let flying put you off, pretend you're on a bus that's what I do.

I'm envious ....enjoy
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I much prefer Easyjet to Ryanair, better all round.
I prefer BA . they are just great IMO.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 01:40 PM

Although I don't like heights, I am not scared of flying. I no longer enjoy it though due to the way we are treated by the airlines which is a shame.

I did have a go at flying a light aircraft which was OK except that my turns were so gradual, I must have covered about ten miles.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 11:36 PM

Thanks carol i.m going to see my doc in morning thanks summer and all for the good wishes. I wish I could click my heels three times and wish myself to my destination

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top